Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Ford 460 Motor Mounts/Plates or other conversion parts.

dmontzsta
    No hurry on these, but if any of you know where some are, or have some, just let me know. I am seriously going to convert from the FE to a 460, the decision has been made and I cant wait. I am currently building a mild 390 to hold me over until I finish collecting the parts. If any of you have advice for the swap, that would be great also.
    I would prefer to have V-Drive Ford 460 mounts, since I think jet boat motor mounts might be off. Also, if any of you have headers or any of Ford 460 parts, please let me know.
    Thanks.

LakesOnly
    Oh, all right then, I'll take some pic's of the mounts and headers and PM you tomorrow...
    LO

dmontzsta
    Oh, all right then, I'll take some pic's of the mounts and headers and PM you tomorrow...
    LO
    Cool, thanks Paul. I dont know if jet mounts will work...I know the headers will. I have a 429 block lined up a D1VE to be exact, just short block though, but it is a start to the conversion.

LakesOnly
    I have a 429 block lined up a D1VE to be exact, just short block though, but it is a start to the conversion.
    Always presumably a great block, the D1VE. All you need is a 460 crank or maybe a stroker kit...
    And I have D0VE heads for days when the time comes, unless you're thinking of aluminum...
    LO

dmontzsta
    Always presumably a great block, the D1VE. All you need is a 460 crank or maybe a stroker kit...
    And I have D0VE heads for days when the time comes, unless you're thinking of aluminum...
    LO
    I definately would consider some DOVE heads, what do they usually run in price? ported of course...

waterslinger
    Good idea to make the move. FE's are getting hard to find parts for.
    My boy gets great deals on stroker kits. Think 514 kit with H-beam rods
    like $1,200 EAGLE guts

steelcomp
    I have a +.030 460 w/ TRW's (9.5:1) one C9 head and one C8 head (they're the same), isky p/rods and guide plates, and Boss 351 valve train. Truck rear sump pan, Melling cam and double roller. Been balanced, has less than 7000 mi on it. PM me if you're interested.
    I'll even throw in a set of CJ rods

dmontzsta
    I have a +.030 460 w/ TRW's (9.5:1) one C9 head and one C8 head (they're the same), isky p/rods and guide plates, and Boss 351 valve train. Truck rear sump pan, Melling cam and double roller. Been balanced, has less than 7000 mi on it. PM me if you're interested.
    I'll even throw in a set of CJ rods
    Are you willing to part some stuff out? I might be interested.

dmontzsta
    Good idea to make the move. FE's are getting hard to find parts for.
    My boy gets great deals on stroker kits. Think 514 kit with H-beam rods
    like $1,200 EAGLE guts
    That is cheap, SCAT crankshaft? I will definately let you know when that time comes.

GofastRacer
    That is cheap, SCAT crankshaft? I will definately let you know when that time comes.
    I do believe he said Eagle :wink: If you have a block, you can't beat those rotating assemblies for price, all the parts are there BUT they are not ready to bolt in it is just parts, it all has to be mocked up and measured and the corrections made!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast