This is what happened,I was running comp cams roller tip rockers and was getting alot of smoke out of my breathers.I also fryed a rocker rotator and the exhaust rockers all were black with burnt oil on them.
I swithed them out for roller rockers and adjusted them the same as always and it ran awsome on the trailer and seemed like the engine was a little looser on the revs and just seemed like it was ready to go.
So the next day i take it to the lake put it in the water idled out and romped on the gas and it seemed as if the valves were way to tight and it would only rev to 4500.There was no popping or anything but it ran like the engine was way tight.The engine had no power and just sucked.
Question: Could the adjustment be a little different now and the ratio be more true with the new rocker arms ?
The way i adjust is exh. starts to open and adj. int.--Int. start to close adj.ex. and once at 0 lash go half turn to preload.(hyd roller).
Maybe only go a 1/4 turn? This shit is starting to frustrate me, but i did cure the oil out of the breather problem...