Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poker Run in Havasu

NorCalCat
    Has anyone heard of the Poker Run in Havasu on the weekend of Oct. 1? Rumor or no rumor?

Liquid Courage
    I was trying to get that confirmed myself. Someone came on and said it was on but gave no info.
    Supposidly Art and the boys sold the poker run to Hot Boat who is, again, "supposidly" going to put it on....Sooooo, you'd think they (HB) would give out some info! So, give it up!!!

waterwitch
    Hi guys,
    I have checked with Jokerswild Promotions, the
    chamber of commerce, and Desert Steel Promotions,
    and none of these have anything about a poker
    fun on that weekend.
    If I hear anything new, I'll let you know.
    Traci :eat:

SCOPE
    Supposed to be ON.......

C-2

wildbillg
    What I heard was,
    HOT BOAT was going to have a poker run that weekend, the same weekend that A.Z.H.B. was going to have thier's, A.Z.H.B cancelled their event (all of them) and Hot Boat took the weekend. They have since also cancelled their event, so as I'm hearing it there is NO poker run in Havasu that weekend.
    BUTTTTTTT
    There is this that I found on another site (I can't say thier name on this site).
    Looks like we're on for a club get together at the Nautical Inn for Oct 1 and 2nd. No poker run, just a party and lunch run on Saturday. We're setting it up with the Havasu for Youth folks to take the kids on the lunch run and contacting previous sponsors to cater the Lunch at Havasu Springs.
    We hope many of our past members and poker runners can come out and have fun. It's the Nautical Inns 40th anniversary as well! Should be fun!
    The Nautical and I are sending out flyers later this week, hope you make it!
    Jim

C-2
    What I heard was,
    HOT BOAT was going to have a poker run that weekend, the same weekend that A.Z.H.B. was going to have thier's, A.Z.H.B cancelled their event (all of them) and Hot Boat took the weekend. They have since also cancelled their event, so as I'm hearing it there is NO poker run in Havasu that weekend.
    BUTTTTTTT
    There is this that I found on another site (I can't say thier name on this site).
    Looks like we're on for a club get together at the Nautical Inn for Oct 1 and 2nd. No poker run, just a party and lunch run on Saturday. We're setting it up with the Havasu for Youth folks to take the kids on the lunch run and contacting previous sponsors to cater the Lunch at Havasu Springs.
    We hope many of our past members and poker runners can come out and have fun. It's the Nautical Inns 40th anniversary as well! Should be fun!
    The Nautical and I are sending out flyers later this week, hope you make it!
    Jim

Liquid Courage
    And to clarify Bill's post, the lame-ass company took the date ONLY after finding out AZHB was calling it quits.
    Their plan to capitalize on the Heatwave date backfired when the Nautical told them to go pound sand!! Gotta love that. :rollside: :rollside:
    I would rather have SOMEONE capitalize on the AZHB poker run! It had been one of the best west coast poker runs for the past few years. It's a shame they got burned out (understandable though from what I've read and heard) but it would be nice for someone to pick it up and run with it. If theres no poker run, it only hurts the performance boat community. People were starting to attend that poker run from across the country. Now it's gone.
    The "get together" will be fun for locals from Az. and Ca. but wont get the turn out as a professionally run poker run would bring. It's too bad, I know the SCOPE group along with many others looked forward to running this run twice a year. If someone ever gets their sh!t together and gets it up and running again it would be a good thing.
    Tank

Liquid Courage
    Oh and by the way C-2, I found the other post I'd put up and it is STILL frickin confusing. too much politics not enough boating!
    And yes this is Tank. Boats named Liquid Courage. :wink:

C-2
    :supp: :supp:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast