Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Valves?????

DansBlown73Nordic
    Ok who runs them and who doesn't???? I ruined 4 of them over the weekend..Every time this thing sneezes.....The power valves are JUNK!!!!
    Im thinking of stepping up five sizes on my jetting and plugging the power valves.
    Im kinda wondering what everyone else does????

Blown 472
    I dont run em, and I am jetted only a few steps over stock jetting and pretty square on them, the secondary jets are only one step over the primarys. Why are you back firing so much? where is your timing? that is not good for the rotors you know.

Robbie Racer
    I didn't run them on the race boat but I do run them on my pleasure boat in order to try and get some half way decent fuel economy at cruising rpm's. I have mine set up where it will run on the primaries only with the power valves closed until about a 60 mph cruising speed.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Just starting this sometimes will cause a backfire. I did find some dirt in my needle and seat tonight. So I may not have smoked the second set of valves like I thought....

revndave
    I ran them.dual 1150s,no boost referencing

Dimarco21
    I run 10.5 power valves. Like R.R. said, run them for fuel economy. I would be concerned about the "sneezing". What about fuel pressure at W.O.T.?

Blown 472
    Just starting this sometimes will cause a backfire. I did find some dirt in my needle and seat tonight. So I may not have smoked the second set of valves like I thought....
    Are you pumping it a few times and counting to ten then trying to start without your foot on the throttle?? dont try and start it while holding the throttle open and they can be touchy when could, I have to do the count to ten thing a few times on a cold motor.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I pump it as it is turning over.....This may be the reason for the Achoooing...... :2purples:

Infomaniac
    Are you pumping it a few times and counting to ten then trying to start without your foot on the throttle?? dont try and start it while holding the throttle open and they can be touchy when could, I have to do the count to ten thing a few times on a cold motor.
    Dang: :squiggle:
    Lucky you do not have to count to eleven. You might have to stand up and pull down your shorts.
    That's how I do it anyway. Well maybe that is counting to 10 1/2

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast