Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Motor size suggestion

Kim Hanson
    I took my shit box out tonight.HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a few ?'s for ya.
    1st)I was cruising about 55(that's a first) and when I lay into it,it wants to corkscrew.Not turn left but seems to wants to roll over. Keep in mind I sit on the right,left gas tank empty,right one full.
    2nd)When I slow down I get a big splash/rush of water between the jackplate and transom,Is that normal?
    3rd)When I slow down the two exhaust ports are under water. Is that normal?
    This was just a quick test run,I just wanted to see how it ran and how it handled.I still have alot to do with it,just wanted to ask you guys what causes what?
    Here are a few pics.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    I don't have that problem with mine, lots of freeboard. Just get a big bilge pump and don't slow down soooo fast.......My exhaust is under the water at take off and jackplate comes up and loud as hell, I run the off-shore open exhaust. 4" hole right above my lower unit!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...usinessend.jpg :2purples:

Forkin' Crazy
    The beach ball idea is a good one, although my friends and I use the exercise balls that the women use (avaliable at wally world). They are thicker and a lot tougher then the beach balls.
    Kimmy, what's the crap hanging out of you plug holes. Is your boat on the rag? :rollside:

Tom Brown
    Kimmy, what's the crap hanging out of you plug holes. Is your boat on the rag? :rollside:
    When I asked that same question, he told me it would be fine because it was a
    light day.

Kim Hanson
    The beach ball idea is a good one, although my friends and I use the exercise balls that the women use (avaliable at wally world). They are thicker and a lot tougher then the beach balls.
    Forgot the plugs, it worked though.........( . )( . )..........

VIPER
    Well guys I took the 200 off. Sorry to let you guys down but I'm gonna go back to Merc. I'm going to the CT river run next weekend and there are a few guys there with some nasty Vipers. I put my 80 back on and it looks sooo funny! My problem with the evinrude is that it was a 25",someone local told me it would work fine if I had a Jackplate. Well ,it didn't work out like he said but that's life. As you can tell I'm not all that knowledgeable about this boating thing and have to get information from various people. Sometimes it's good info and sometimes it's bad. Thanks for all the help and will let you guys know what motor I end up with.
    Jim

Forkin' Crazy
    Well, that sucks. You could always change out the center section, driveshaft, shiftshaft, and water tube, a lot of work. See how much Ratso wants for his 235. I have been running one for years. Not the fastest, but reliable!

Kim Hanson
    Well guys I took the 200 off. Sorry to let you guys down but I'm gonna go back to Merc. I'm going to the CT river run next weekend and there are a few guys there with some nasty Vipers. I put my 80 back on and it looks sooo funny! My problem with the evinrude is that it was a 25",someone local told me it would work fine if I had a Jackplate. Well ,it didn't work out like he said but that's life. As you can tell I'm not all that knowledgeable about this boating thing and have to get information from various people. Sometimes it's good info and sometimes it's bad. Thanks for all the help and will let you guys know what motor I end up with.
    Jim
    To bad Jim, look at mysite....all the left is boats...lots of them also....( . )( . )........To the Floor and Let Her Buck!
    Kims site (http://kimhanson1.tripod.com/kimhans...stfriendisbre/)

miss behavin'
    i just got a '07 115hp evinrude for my 16' tahiti. the dealer told me the 115 would be more than enough its not i want the 150 bad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456