Think I will get a reply to my email today:
I just got back from your McDonalds drive thru where I was told they could not accept my Arch Card that I had just received for Christmas. They said that they only had a few machines that read the card and that is was too busy to scan them up front. I had no cash but offered them my ATM card, which they usually accept, and they could also not accept it due to some problems with the ATM machine?
I don't understand why I, or anyone else, would give McDonalds my money up front for one of these highly marketed "Arch Cards" to then find out, after sitting in a drive thru for 20 minutes, that I can't use it to purchase food??
The drive thru attendant was absolutely no help as well and offered no solution to me but to go home and get cash and come back.
Meanwhile I have hungry kids strapped into their carseats who now get no McDonalds because the McDonalds card, that has "McDonalds" written all over it, can not be accepted by McDonalds. Outrageous!
There are many other options for fast food out there and this certainly pushes me their direction.
I was speechless as I drove off with no food? McDonalds doesn't their own Arch Card?
What happened to the days of customer service? "Sorry sir, it will be just a moment as I need to scan your card at another register".
I guess if there isn't a button clearly marked on the register for it they cannot make a decision on their own?
Happy Holidays!
______
I can't believe the incompetence and ignorance these people have that work here? Are they complete idiots?