Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse)

NOTALENT
    Does anyone know if dealers can get a discount through them?? Or is it all straight retail price?? Ordering parts for my new motor..need to save as much money as possible

PowellScooter
    have you called them and given them 'dealer credentials' and asked them ?

racecar.hotshoe
    Does anyone know if dealers can get a discount through them?? Or is it all straight retail price?? Ordering parts for my new motor..need to save as much money as possible I dont know if they are any cheaper then jegs or summit.I buy a ton of stuff for my racecar from them.

NOTALENT
    no..I have not called yet..I have ordered for myself before...but my buddy tuck who builds the engines for Advantage boats may be able to get the discount if they do offer it. Pulling the motor tommorow in havasu so I was going to try and get it today if possible.

Sleek-Jet
    I dont know if they are any cheaper then jegs or summit.I buy a ton of stuff for my racecar from them.
    Maybe not, but they have a better catalog (even if you do have to pay for it).

BowTie Rick
    Define "dealer". Are you a dealership or a jobber? Typically all you need is a resale lic.# and the warehouse will run a credit ck on you. If all is good, you have an account. You will get a way better deal with a warehouse distributor vs. Summit or Jeg's which are retail. Granted they are very low priced for retail but to keep distribution chains open, a WD will give a jobber/dealer a better price. Also manufacturers prefer 3 step distrubution: manufacturer to WD, WD to jobber, jobber to end user. This helps keep profitability in the product making it more attractive to sell. We have competitors that sell direct to damn near anyone but what that does is kill any profit that can be made on the product and hence, distribution is poor. That is why you se K&N everywhere and the knock offs only at small shops.

Racer277
    Thanks BTR, that is the best and most succinct explanation I've heard in a long time on the distribution process.
    Two thumbs up!
    R277

Brian Ray
    Does anyone know if dealers can get a discount through them?? Or is it all straight retail price?? Ordering parts for my new motor..need to save as much money as possible
    Nice avatar!!

NOTALENT
    Nice avatar!!
    thanks...the last one was better..but as we all know they made me take it off..Actually they took it off for me.
    And thanks bow tie...I personally work for ATK Engines..I can probably get a jobber price..using our resale license..But He is with advantage boats so I figured he can probably get a better deal. I will have to call down there and see what I can swing..thanks alot everyone

bigkatboat
    Try contacting "Mike" the manager of the North Hollywood store. He will try to put some 'kit' prices together for you. I have built quite a few of their motors for retail customers over the years, and I have done business with them for a long time. If you do get an 'insider price', please let us know, so that I can hunt down the owner "Keith" and get my money back for all of the years I paid "book prices". Look at all of the part prices you can find, I never buy "everthing" from one place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast