Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LHC City Council Meeting VS the Channel

UncleLarry
    Tonites the night.. The Lake Havasu City Council will be addressing the Channel issue at a special meeting that takes place at 6pm.. A meeting just for the channel prior to the regular council meeting...
    Votes/Action is expected to be taken at this special meeting....
    Things being considered ---
    One way traffic thru the channel....
    Parking Meters on the beach
    designating 15' spaces for each boat
    banning alcohol from the water line back up the beach 35 feet
    closing more sections of the channel
    and what ever else they can think of....
    15' spaces and banning alcohol appear to be the front runners...
    KLHU TV (http://www.klhu.tv) will be sreaming the meeting live on the internet. Click on web tv 45 (not sure how many connections they can handle..) If in Havasu of course it will be on your Local TV Station Channel 45.
    Again just the messenger - and as we all know DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Havasu_Dreamin
    15' spaces and banning alcohol appear to be the front runners...
    Since I will not be there I'm just curious what the implicatioins of the 15 foot spaces would be? Questions I would ask if I were to be there and would like to see answered are as follows:
    1. Am I the boat owner, and whoever is with me, the only one entitled use of the 15 feet of space? That is can I prevent people from using that space who do not have a boat? Not saying that I would but I can certainly see the potential for conflict when a boat in their 'space' tries to prevent someone from walking down to the waterline and setting up their charis and such.
    2. Will the 15 ft spaces be marked or will they be a best guess type of deal?
    3. What type of encforcement can we expect if this were to be enacted? What if the 15 foot space limit is violated? Fines?

SummitKarl
    C U there tonight...
    as long as they are insistent on new laws and not enforcing what they have on the books :hammerhea ......then this boater...likes the sound of No Booze and 15ft spots...sounds the least intrusive to me :rollside:

phebus
    Can you imagine the maintenance nightmare parking meters would be? All the vandals and kids would be filling them up with sand.

phebus
    I would show up, but after that freak in the leather hat from the local paper showed up last meeting, I would be afraid I'd go ballistic on that focker. Just kidding, but that guy was out there.....

Hardly Satisfied
    Please keep us posted

Captain Dan
    Please keep us posted
    Yeah, somebody might need to go back to town and get a shiite load of dimes!

purrfecttremor
    Please bring up the danger of making the channel one way.I'm concerned about the traffic going around the island being like a freeway during rush hour. Look what happened last week in the late afternoon with the poss. of the sun being a factor!

Stoneman
    Please bring up the danger of making the channel one way.I'm concerned about the traffic going around the island being like a freeway during rush hour. Look what happened last week in the late afternoon with the poss. of the sun being a factor!
    No Sht, I was blinded heading north and some ass passed me like I was standing still. it's a wonder more folks arn't killed there.

RiverRatMike
    from Tri State News
    Alcohol Ban In Channel?
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - The Lake Havasu City Council may take action tonight and impose a total ban against alcohol consumption in the Bridgewater Channel. The votes seem to be there to do just that.
    However, Councilwoman Margaret Nyberg is totally opposed to making any changes and will vote accordingly. She wants a continuation of strict law enforcement, but no ban. Nyberg told TSN, “I don’t want everybody to suffer just because of those people with bad behavior. We can control their bad behavior, turn things around and let everybody enjoy the channel.”
    She also doesn’t object to making travel through the channel one-way only. That’s the only change she’d support. Regardless, the full council seems determined to make other changes in current policy.
    Nyberg also believes budget talks should get interesting during tonight's council meeting. She says Mayor Harvey Jackson has proposed to cancel a tradeoff agreement between the City and the School District, which provides the district with adequate water and the Parks and Rec Department with buildings for things like the after-school programs.
    “Where are these children supposed to go? “Many of the parents are using this for their daycare after work. Do we want these children to be out on their own walking the streets, this is criminal,” she said. The council will meet at 7:00 pm tonight.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast