Thread: Trailer Jack?

MKEELINE
    I need to get a trailer jack and was looking for some recommendations. I don't need anything real blingy, but some of the ones if seen are Fugly. It is for a tandem axle trailer w/ 20' Hallett v drive.
    Thanks,
    Mike

LeE ss13
    The trick on a jack for a typical tandem axle trailer is that it should be able go very low to reach under an axle with a flat tire. The best I have found is to go to a Dodge junk yard and ask for a 1988, or so, Dodge Dakota jack. They are a gear driven scissor jack that goes down real flat and the crank is a one piece fold out device that hooks into the jack in kind of a locking fashion so you can position the jack using the crank. The gear drive gives them a lot of lifting power for such a little jack. My $.02

Focker
    Do A Search On This
    I Think I Posted As To Changing Trailer Tires
    Everyone Had Great Ideas For Trailer Jacks With The Cut Wood The Easiest And Cheapest

Sangerboy
    Guys, he might be wanting a tongue jack/wheel setup. Who cares what a ground/floor jack looks like?

olbiezer
    if its a tounge jack u are looking for just do a google search for boat trailer parts /////////theres a ton of em out there

MKEELINE
    Guys, he might be wanting a tongue jack/wheel setup. Who cares what a ground/floor jack looks like?
    I guess, once again, I've made myself clear as mud. It's a tongue jack/wheel dealio I'm looking for. I've found plenty of them on EBAY,West Marine,etc. but was just wondering if there were any out there a little nicer than the zinc plated ones.