Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 26 Razor owners (past & current)???

MOBrien
    I know this topic has been on the boards before, but in comparison threads that get way out of control. I'd like to hear from current or past owners of the 26 Razor specifically and want to know why you chose their 26 over some of the other brands with similar power. Again, this thread is not for debate or comparison.....I just want to know why you bought this boat and your likes & dislikes as an owner.
    Thanks for your insight.
    -MOB

deltarat
    Fricken Tire Kicker........................
    I hear that they are nice boats.

phebus
    Throttle, put down the pom poms, and answer this guys question

MOBrien
    Fricken Tire Kicker.......................I hear that they are nice boats.
    Waddup Terry! Get your interior done yet or what? Yep, tire kicker I am right now. Just sold my Supercrew last night, so half the battle for a new boat this season is done. The right boat for the right price in the right place at the right time will change my tire-kickin status.
    Bigger, better, faster.................

deltarat
    It just went in Yesterday, Im stoked to get it back and put the boat back together. Congrat on the truck sale.

dicudmore
    looks like a nice boat
    isn't it based on the Talon bottom :idea: Should work well...If u are into canopies that 26' at the LA show was pretty sick!
    probably won't help you any Mike, but I'm pretty happy with my Ultra :wink:

MOBrien
    looks like a nice boat
    isn't it based on the Talon bottom :idea: Should work well...If u are into canopies that 26' at the LA show was pretty sick!
    Wassup Dan. Yeah, I bet you ARE happy with that thing....how could you not be?? Came out great! Blue motor too right? You're thinking the Cobra cat aren't you....the Venom? I think we're staying with V's for now mostly because of the INS implications with the cat market and overall interior space for the kiddies. So we're hunting in the 25/26' range in a stepped performance V, open bow/mid-cabin style. However, there are a few Shadows out there that are pretty damn sweet though......just kinda pricey.

Beer-30
    Not all of us have YOUR money, Dan. :rollside:
    Mo, my friends that just bought Tremor Therapy (25') are real happy with it's performance. It'll run off and leave me by about 8 or 9 mph, same motor.
    They were sold on a brand new 26' Razor. They went to the shop, and were right up to scheduling a ride when they decided to wave the extra $20K for brand new. To the point, they love the boat. If they were to sell the 25' and buy new, I have no doubts they would look no further and order up a 26 or even a 27. I hear the 27 has more storage and is about 1000lbs heavier, which would equal a softer ride - but also more to pull around.
    Personally, I like the boats myself. I was keeping my eyes open for a 28, but only found a few closed bows - at the time. 26s are popping up from time to time, so keep your eyes peeled.
    If you are interested in a 28' Sleek with blue motor, there is still a nice 2001 for sale with XM and a tri-axle.

dicudmore
    Wassup Dan. Yeah, I bet you ARE happy with that thing....how could you not be?? Came out great! Blue motor too right? You're thinking the Cobra cat aren't you....the Venom? I think we're staying with V's for now mostly because of the INS implications with the cat market and overall interior space for the kiddies. So we're hunting in the 25/26' range in a stepped performance V, open bow/mid-cabin style. However, there are a few Shadows out there that are pretty damn sweet though......just kinda pricey.
    oh yeah...it would make more sense if I read what I was replying to :hammer
    I saw 26 and Cobra and remembered talking Cats with you before and skipped right past the fact you specifically said RAZOR...Way to pay attention Dan...
    Interior space my butt, have you seen the cabin on a Shadow?? I wouldn't want to live in it but its not much less than a 25' Nordic V etc etc.
    That being the case...the 26' and 27' Razor's are both nice boats. Now the question is...Is it nice enough to justify selling your current boat to buy another similar sized and performing boat??

MOBrien
    Iv'e always liked the Sleek line since the debut of the Enforcer series back in the 80's, but they are outperformed by others in the stepped 26-28' range with a 496HO. Plus, we are most likely looking for newer....04/05 model year. The 26razor seems to have what we're looking for, but I don't know much about them other than HB reviews and other articles.....thus the call for info from other owners.
    Still like the Nordics, Elims, Lavey, Dana, ultra, Shockwave.....the whole lot that are talked up around here. But there's something that draws me to Cobra I think.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast