Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best tunnel ram for a BBF?

dmontzsta
    which brand is it?

steelcomp
    You don't have too many choices, but from what I've seen, the Weiand is. Has removable top for access to inside mods and Dominator carbs if you want, and can mount carbs sideways. I don't think the Offy works as well. Of course, if you go with the A460 heads, then Trick Flo makes one, but big $ there.
    I know it dosen't look as cool, but in 99% of cases, you'd be better off with an Edelbrock Victor and a single Domminator. Potential for real good pwer there. (700 easy)

LakesOnly
    Both the Weiand and the Offy are great tunnel rams.
    I recently spent an afternoon on a Superflow 600 testing both tunnel ram intakes while bolted to an iron SCJ head, and the findings were interesting; the Weiand offered up more flow but the Offy was more consistent from runner-to-runner.
    Generally speaking, I'd say the Offy offers better lower rpm, mid-range and the Weiand is better suited for very high rpm applications. (I would select the Weiand for a 4500-9500 rpm motor and the Offy for a 3500-8000 motor.) The Weiand is probably better suited for a stroker of 514-up providing it is ported.
    The Offy has SCJ port runner size as-cast. One thing I noticed about the Weiand T/R intake was when opening up to a true SCJ port size, the runner exit--near the mating flange for the head--cannot be opened up to the SCJ for the full-length of the runners unless the underside of each runner is built up with some welding build-up.
    LO

Hotcrusader76
    We're selling our Trickflow manifold TR...professionlly ported and runners equalized. E-mail me if you're interested.
    http://www.tpcracing.com/Ebay/TF_500.jpg

dmontzsta
    We're selling our Trickflow manifold TR...professionlly ported and runners equalized. E-mail me if you're interested.
    http://www.tpcracing.com/Ebay/TF_500.jpg
    I had my eye on that ebay auction, it is a bad ass looking manifold, I would love to see it polished, the ports are also huge. It is a little too much for what I am looking to pay at the moment. But it is definately beautiful and some TFS heads matched to it would be kick ass. Eventually...
    For now I am going to keep searching for these conversion parts, and probably get the Weiand if I can find a good price.

LakesOnly
    I am going to...probably get the Weiand if I can find a good price.
    Brand new just $279. At that price, well, you really can't beat it.
    LO

Squirtin Thunder
    John Casie intakes and 815ci BBF

steelcomp
    John Casie intakes and 815ci BBF
    Jim...it's KASSE!!! :wink:

MikeF
    Jim...it's KASSE!!! :wink:
    I thought it was KAASE................ :hammerhea

dmontzsta
    Brand new just $279. At that price, well, you really can't beat it.
    LO
    yeah. I went to the LBC swap meet today looking for some, they had dingy used ones for $275 I wasnt going to pay more than $150 for a used one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast