Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well... This Stinks!!! Ivan has a bullseye...

RiverOtter

RiverOtter
    If you look real close, you can see the bullseye :cry:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...210309-med.JPG

572Daytona
    Give it time, you may be still ok. It keeps tracking further and further west. I was worried about our Key West timeshare just a couple of days ago and it is turning out to be a complete miss there.

Scream
    Ok, from a California native, wtf do you do when mom nature comes a callin? Do you buy some useless plywood and try to think yourself into saving your home or do you just pick up the needables and bail as quick as you can.
    At least here we've got Earthquakes that hit at random and without notice, so we can't think about what we're gonna loose till all the loosin stops. :cry: :cry:
    I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to ponder the destruction of my home for up to a week before the actual event. Maybe that's why all you folks from that part of the world are prematurely gray. j/k :wink:
    Scream :skull:

sanger rat
    Holy Cow! Looks likes its going to take I-75 right to Michigan.

RiverOtter
    Give it time, you may be still ok. It keeps tracking further and further west. I was worried about our Key West timeshare just a couple of days ago and it is turning out to be a complete miss there.
    Well... it moved west again. Looks like Mobile is gonna get it. Problem is the thing is so big reports are saying hurricane force winds 100 miles outside of the eye!!! NWS is saying Birmingham (2/3 up the state of AL) could still get Hurricane force winds. Yikes!

RiverOtter
    :cry: :cry:
    Ok, from a California native, wtf do you do when mom nature comes a callin? Do you buy some useless plywood and try to think yourself into saving your home or do you just pick up the needables and bail as quick as you can.
    I don't live there, but I do have a couple of condos there. We asked about the plywood thing and the association said that was our problem. If you look at the pic, there is no way I'm gonna climb up 4 stories and install plywood on a solid concrete wall. The association told us the doors are "hurricane proof" (145 MPH winds)... we'll see.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...210309-med.JPG
    At least here we've got Earthquakes that hit at random and without notice, so we can't think about what we're gonna loose till all the loosin stops. :cry: :cry:
    I'm not sure which is worse. We do see them coming for sure. And we do worry about it. Good thing we have insurance.
    I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to ponder the destruction of my home for up to a week before the actual event. Maybe that's why all you folks from that part of the world are prematurely gray. j/k :wink:
    What stinks is seeing that storm on the TV. Looks like a giant buzzsaw. Which I guess is what it is. :2purples:
    http://image.weather.com/images/maps...p3_720x486.jpg
    Scream :skull:

manuel
    I have always wanted to go to the gulf and sit-out a hurricane but this one is WAY too strong for that, I live about where the 1pm dot is on that chart you put up and I'm getting ready, we will get the bad part of this but not the benefit of watching the ocean churn, my friends who sat out Frederick and Opal at Gulf Shores are heading for higher ground, Opal did a LOT of damage where I'm at 300 miles north, it really does stink! we will get tornadoes out of this :frown: I was at the gulf right after Georges roared through and it was VERY sad to see the wreckage in person and all the people walking around confused and lost, I wanted to help but there was nothing to do but start over, the smashed boat pictures really hurt worse than the house damage to me, here is a very good site for charts and info, better than the NOAA site,
    http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/tracking.asp
    and this is a beach-cam on top of one of the Phoenix condos at Orange Beach
    http://came2.brett-robinson.com/view/view.shtml
    I miss the earthquakes back home, no anticipation, no plywood,
    Manuel

RiverOtter
    I have always wanted to go to the gulf and sit-out a hurricane but this one is WAY too strong for that, I live about where the 1pm dot is on that chart you put up and I'm getting ready, we will get the bad part of this but not the benefit of watching the ocean churn, my friends who sat out Frederick and Opal at Gulf Shores are heading for higher ground, Opal did a LOT of damage where I'm at 300 miles north, it really does stink! we will get tornadoes out of this :frown: I was at the gulf right after Georges roared through and it was VERY sad to see the wreckage in person and all the people walking around confused and lost, I wanted to help but there was nothing to do but start over, the smashed boat pictures really hurt worse than the house damage to me,
    I miss the earthquakes back home, no anticipation, no plywood,
    Manuel
    You live in alaBAMA??? Get ready, as you said this one's UGLY. We are expecting 6-10 inches of rain in the Nooga :cry: Here's a new chart.
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/140853W5.gif :cry:

Dr. Eagle
    Holy Cow! Looks likes its going to take I-75 right to Michigan.
    You know what that means......... we're
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast