Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best drive-in twin bills

A thread on another board got me thinking about the favorite twin bills at drive-ins when I was younger. When there used to be drive-ins everywhere (try to find ONE now), our group would go time after time to see the same flicks. My 2 all time favorites:
    Vanishing Point and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
    Kentucky Fried Movie and Groove Tube
    Alcohol and other things were occaisionally involved.......

Racer277
    A bunch of us went to the drive in off lemon and the 91 to watch Ghost Busters. When one of my buddies fell asleep (alcohol involved), we all just left him there in his car.
    He told us the next day it took him two hours to drive his car out because he woke up in the middle of a swap meet! :rollside:

He'd wake up in Lowes now!

Racer277
    He'd wake up in Lowes now!
    Hheellooo, I'm just looking for some roofing tiles.
    Hheellooo?

gigamurph
    Drive-Ins are the greatest now that they have the soundtracks piped through your car's stereo! "Star Wars" just didn't have the same "kick" through that one friggin' 4" speaker hangin' on the window! There's still a few around! The drive-in in Indio and the Sunair Drive-In in Cathedral City (both of 'em long gone) used to have dusk to dawn movies a few years back (like 30 or so ago. GEEZUS!). Saw Emerson, Lake, and Palmer's "Knife Edge Tour" (before MTV ya young pups) and about two dozen "Army trainin' films" (as we liked to call 'em) one night at the Sunair. The best of the bunch was a '40s anti-drug film called "Reefer Madness". we were all sittin' around like "whoooooa....."

Riverblender
    Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry and Gone In 60 seconds the original.
    I can still remember my mother telling my dad that the me and my brothers should be hearing that kind of language and covering my brothers ears.
    Good Times

Captain Dan
    Death Wish 1, 2, and 3 at the Aero in El Cajon.

Back when I grew up (don't tell anyone) all movies were twin bills. When the started changing to the single movie format everyone was pissed. Basically the theaters doubled their revenue with this manuver. But the people bit and here we are today with 8-15 dollar movie prices. :hammerhea

Misogynist
    Awww Jesus... you children.... I remember going to a "Planet of the apes" marathon at a drive in... you got to see every one of the "Planet of the apes" flicks.... $3.00 per carload.... hahahahahahahah........

Keithb87
    Friday the 13th marathon.. at that time there was only 4 movies though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast