Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if

Blown 472
    Iraq is a failure? and we pull out what are you bush lap dogs going to say then, lets hear your best spin on it. :rollside:

Shark In The Pond
    Be like CBS and keep saying is wasn't :rollside:

Jeanyus
    What if Iraq isn't a failure ? What if we just took out a fascist dictator , and avoided WW III.
    What if we are doing something good? What if we are having an affect on world terrorism? What if we are stopping terrorists from killing children?
    Liberel- the sky is falling, the glass is half empty, quick leagelize drugs and gay marrige, and then things will be better.
    Coservitive-see a problem try to do something about it, the glass is half full.
    We are not going to sit here and let you kill us.
    If Iraq fails, America tried help the country. But the liberals will keep applauding every time an Americam soldier falls. They should be thrown out of the country as traitors.

steelcomp
    who cares about what if...??? Problem is the Kerry lap dogs can't stand the fact that it is! Besides, successful is relative. What would you consider unsuccessful?

HighRoller
    Iraq is a failure? and we pull out what are you bush lap dogs going to say then, lets hear your best spin on it. :rollside:
    Brilliant point, Blown. Only you could call the liberation of 25 million people from a murderous dictator a "failure". This man killed between 300,000 and a million of his own people, supported worldwide terror, housed and protected Al-Quaeda operatives, and fronted money to them through oil sales under the UN's "oil for food" program.
    Why don't you just admit the fact that no outcome will satisfy you or stop you from denegrating Bush's policy. That way we can all get on with our lives and you'll feel better knowing that you told the truth.

lucky
    THEM DAM HURRICANS - I KNOW THEY DID - LETS JUST PROVE IT ... :smile:

MagicMtnDan
    What if Blown stopped trolling and stirring up shite?
    What if the French, Russians, and Germans supported the Iraq war - what would you, John Kerry, and all them other flaming liberals be whining about now?!

Freak
    "Pull out" = Never happen regardless who is in office. We have just begun. Iran is next.
    As for who's right and who's wrong in the upcoming election and it's obvious overtones into what happens in Iraq afterwards, I don't know. I do know the Bush crew is a known quantity. I have no idea what Kerry's agenda is, as he's basically running on a "I'm not George Bush" platform. Stupid if you ask me, but for the sheep anything has to be better than the currnet right? So they vote for Kerry, but you have to wonder if he really has a plan for anything...
    That said, I think the current regime in the White House is acting so aggressively for the earnest good of the country and of course the betterment of their associates (which will happen regardless of who is in the chair). I have zero problem with the actions taken. Considering the way things appear to be heading, with a possibility of the largest economic correction this country has seen looming not too far off on the horizon, if brute force is required, so be it. We're humans. Sometimes humans have to do "bad" things to survive. Ruthless works. Ruthless has always worked, and it always will work when things begin to get desparate. Both sides of the equation know this.
    I'd much rather have us in control of assets that are going to become more and more precious than an entity that would have our worst intentions at heart, let alone simply be looking out for themselves. At this point, I can see where it's worth fighting for. We're doing it for oil? Right. We all should know we're fighting for oil and a military presence near to sect of people that would wish us harm. So what?
    We're doing it to protect OUR society- Western society as a whole, not just America. I for one feel that this incarnation of America is worth fighting for. Darwinism makes sense on more than just a individual level- It applies to societies. Survival of the fittest. Survival of the fittest and strongest. People point to lessons of the past- History repeats itself. Rome fell. Babylon fell. All the previous empires fell. They collapsed because they tried to defend themselves against whatever issues were upon them. They tried to ward them off. If we sit back and let things happen, it's very possible if not likely the same will eventually happen to us. Maybe 2010, maybe 2050, maybe 2100. Who knows? But just waiting for something bad to happen and hoping there's enough of us left with the skills to forge a neo-America seems silly if it's not a certainty. Learn from history? Ok. Go on the offensive. Rome had problems because they spread themselves too far? True. It's an issue we'd have to consider. On the flipside, if they'd go on the offensive before its enemies had the chance to bolster their strengths, it might have ended differently. Ever hear a football coach repeat the mantra "The best defense is a good offense"? They're right.
    I think most people who've opted to inform themselves to some degree about the upcoming economic problems would agree that there's the large potential for a severe downgrade in status of living. Sitting down and taking the economic fallout pending is going to clock us hard on the chin anyways. It stands to reckon that if a show of force buys enough time to change our infrastructure in such a manner to aclimate ourselves to the pending changes, we should be all for it. The US, the UK, Canada, any developed nation allied to us that stands to crash if we run out of petroleum all should be on board. PC sucks. PC doesn't work. We're the western devil, I guess we should continue to act like it.
    It -has- been a bit of a cluster **** over there though, but I don't think anyone thought deep down in their heart of hearts that it was going to be easy, regardless of why we entered the Middle East in force again. We're already over there and heavily invested, so why not try to bunker down and steel our resolve? Nobody knows for certain that we're destined to lose.
    If we win it will be good for us and all of the good people over there also....

HCS
    Iraq is a failure. You can't free the rug heads, they need to be under
    Comunistic rule. Everyone and their brother over there thinks their
    a ruler. You have to completely disarm the country first. Guns, launchers,
    bombs, etc. they would have to reduce the country to throwing rocks at
    each other, and that wouldn't work. They are always going to fight and
    bomb each other. Always! Somehow they need a police force over there
    that can clean the place up. Good Luck!

Schiada76
    The only way to fail in Iraq is to pull out. If we have to stay there for fifty fng years fighting it's still not a failure, not if we're fighting them there and not here. How long do think it took Germany and Japan to modernize and become our Allies?? One fng goddamned year????????????????? Two??
    Wake the fk UP!! This is going to be long and ugly, we're fighting people willing to blow themselves up. If you think we're not killing thousands of terrorists in Iraq you're clueless. :hammerhea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast