Thread: Anyone ever heard of www.natonalautoshopper.com?

Garrddogg
    So I have a vette listed in the trader for 20k and this guy calls me up and says hes from nationalautoshopper and that for an upfront fee of $500 he can sell the car for 21 or 22k (wire transfer before I release the car)they offer financing so where they make the money is on the back side,they list on ebay and thier own website, they are in Vegas does anyone know anything of them? I have a bunch of cars to get rid of so if they are on the "up & up" this could be a solution to a problem but I dont want to pay $500 to get hosed!!heres some links does anyone see anything fishy about them? ANY INPUT OR HELP WOULD BE WELCOME!!
    http://www.nationalautoshopper.com/
    http://vegas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=69298
    Thanks Force 26

Tremor Therapy
    Yes...one of the guys here where I work had his special edition Jetta for sale in the trader for a couple of weeks, and got a call from them. You list it upfront for some ridiculous amount of money, and the hook is that they can find a buyer for you that will pay more money because they can offer the potential buyer the complete package, from financing to delivery of the vehicle they want!
    Morale to the story: after 3 months of slim action, only 3 calls, he dropped them. He got a dozen or so calls from the 4 weeks of Trader when he listed it there!

Garrddogg
    Yes...one of the guys here where I work had his special edition Jetta for sale in the trader for a couple of weeks, and got a call from them. You list it upfront for some ridiculous amount of money, and the hook is that they can find a buyer for you that will pay more money because they can offer the potential buyer the complete package, from financing to delivery of the vehicle they want!
    Morale to the story: after 3 months of slim action, only 3 calls, he dropped them. He got a dozen or so calls from the 4 weeks of Trader when he listed it there!
    so he didnt sell it through them? and went back to the trader? NAShopper did or didnt sell the car?

Garrddogg
    Bump

Garrddogg
    hello

uvindex
    So I have a vette listed in the trader for 20k and this guy calls me up and says hes from nationalautoshopper and that for an upfront fee of $500 he can sell the car for 21 or 22k (wire transfer before I release the car)they offer financing so where they make the money is on the back side,they list on ebay and thier own website, they are in Vegas does anyone know anything of them? I have a bunch of cars to get rid of so if they are on the "up & up" this could be a solution to a problem but I dont want to pay $500 to get hosed!!heres some links does anyone see anything fishy about them? ANY INPUT OR HELP WOULD BE WELCOME!!I don't know anything about them. However:
    They may say they're "making money on the backside" and that may be true, but they sure as heck are also making money on the frontside by getting $500 up front!
    I did a little search for a car that they should have LOTS of: a Honda Accord, any year. They have 12 (in the whole 'freakin country) which doesn't speak well for them (I did a search for Accords in www.autotrader.com and got over 28,741 hits).
    If you look at the few cars they do have, the "Contact Seller" phone number for every one of them is the same 800 number, which tells me that it goes to some salesguy who is nowhere near the actual car and who is going to add God-knows-what value to the transaction.
    Based on the $500 upfront fee you mentioned and a quick look at their website I would run, not walk, away from these guys if I were selling a car.
    Good luck.