Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more cleaning ?'s...

kcvega
    I buffed and waxed the boat over the weekend and it turned out pretty darn good. Now I need some tricks for the interior. The white vinyl has some stains on it. They aren't noticable in sunlight, just in the shade. Tried a magic eraser, simple green, clorox cleanup and some Starbrite mildew remover and they're still there. Haven't tried straight bleach yet. Any tips?

JB in so cal
    Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

HOOTER SLED-
    Try Shout.

Jordy
    Try Shout.
    Like yelling at it will do any good. :notam:

kcvega
    I tried the magic erasers. It whitened everything up real good, especially the rub rails but they wouldn't get the stains off the vinyl. I did cuss at em a little but they stayed right there. I'll try the shout, maybe straight bleach too.

BadKachina
    If Magic Erasers won't work than you only have two other options. One is to have the panel that' stained re-done or to try laquer thinner. Laquer thinner will usually remove almost any stain but it can also remove the color of your vinyl and change the texture of it. Use it sparingly and maybe you'll also want to test it somewhere out of sight. It works though, and I've had good success removing black scuff marks off my sun pad and back seat, you'll just have to be really carefull with it.

littlejake
    Try Shout.
    If that doesn't work try jumping up and down...or roll around on the floor and kick and scream. :cry: :cry:

desrtrat256
    i use an interior bleach that wo, it works really well.

beyondhelpin
    Before you use bleach, use Fantastic on is. Just keep off of threads and rinse well. Works great. Just dont over use.

kcvega
    Tulsa huh? I'm in Broken Arrow. Thanks for the tips, I'll try em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast