Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broken rocker

Nucking futs
    Has anyone ever broke a brand new rocker?I broke it right at the lower edge on the radius.Looks like a casting screw up, called jegs and the sent a new one asap.
    I will post a pic later..................TIM

Jordy
    I broke one earlier this summer in my Schiada... then the opposite lifter let go.

steelcomp
    don't buy cheap junk and this won't happen.

Danhercules
    Did you get your new one yet? Give me a call, we are headin on the water late this afternoon.

Dave C
    ohh ouch...... your right..... but ouch.
    don't buy cheap junk and this won't happen.

Nucking futs
    Well if cranes are junk, then i guess i bought cheap shit......

victorfb
    cheap chit will break more often than the better stuff, but even the good stuff can break. im not familiar with cranes rockers but i imagine they are a quality part. i bet you either had a bad one or (and this is more important) you have another issue in the assembly that caused your rocker to fail. was this the same valve that was causing you problems with the stamped steel rockers?

Hotcrusader76
    i bet you either had a bad one or (and this is more important) you have another issue in the assembly that caused your rocker to fail.
    Very good point Vic. Double-check the geometry again and test the spring as well. Ya never know.
    I run Crane Gold and have never seen an issue, but then again that's at .565" of lift on a Hyd.cam. High lift solids have got be the most destructfull.
    ~Ty

Nucking futs
    NO it wasnt the same bank,All others look good and that was my running issue.It was on the intake of #1 cyl,so it was only running on 7 cyl. when i put it in the water.Got the new one and everything is good,so i will try it again this weekend and see if i can go a day with out any trouble.
    I hope it will run trouble free as FBCII will be my last trip of the year and then i will be playing with a new project boat......
    It is a hyd. roller and not much lift 598/610 and all the geomotry looked good.Double checked and tripple checked,just a bad part........Tim

steelcomp
    ohh ouch...... your right..... but ouch.
    Sorry...was a little abrupt with that, but there's so much junk out there that's advertized as good, anad it LOOKS good, too, especially to the untrained eye.
    Crane Golds are OK...but I wouldn't run 'em with roller springs, or much over 375-400lbs. Isky makes a HUGE aluminum roller that they don't advertise. It's blue, and sort of like the crane wide body. Lunati makes a good roller rocker, Comp Cams, but the best you'll find if you want to run a stud mount aluminum roller is the Miller PVS. Very expensive, but they're the chit. Check out millerrockers.com, and at the same time, learn all about rocker geometry. Pages and pages of great info.
    For a stud mounted rocker, the stainless are the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast