Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Anodizing

Jake W
    Do any of you know a good place to have stuff anodized?I would like a place with alot of colors to choose from.I am needing some stuff done in a green color.
    Thanks Jake

Jetdriver
    Do any of you know a good place to have stuff anodized?I would like a place with alot of colors to choose from.I am needing some stuff done in a green color.
    Thanks Jake
    Get it powder coated anodizing is an ancient process and IMO sucks!

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake,
    You can get transparent powder coating so it look just like anodizing but much more durable.
    Jim

Jake W
    I hear you but I had the Suction housing and the droop for my pump powtercoated and told them I wanted a clear or see through black color(Candy black if you will)and they gave me that WTF voice like I was crazy so I said like crome black and they were like we have that so they sent me a sample of a color they called crome black but it was Grey with some black speckles in it.So I just had them do it in gloss black and after begging for them to send it back to me for 2 weeks it looks good but would have rather had a more see thrugh color.
    The stuff I want green is carb spacer,breather vents(or what ever they are called) ride plate stiffners,stringer washers,motor blocks,fuel distrbution block,in other words little stuff.And Since they are all ready polished I would like to keep that clear color look.
    So do you know of any powter coaters that can do that if so great what is their number.
    thanks Jake

Jetdriver
    Hey Jake here are a couple of pics of my boat with the parts that used to be anodized after I had then powder coated. I went with the 2 step, they powder with silver first, bake. Then candy red and bake. Looks bitchen and wont scratch!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CF0021-med.JPG
    Everything Candy red is powdercoated!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CF0013-med.JPG

Jetdriver
    I know its not right around the corner from you but I used a company in Van Nuys Ca. called Apex Powdercoating. I met the guy while he was doing the coating for my moms 56 ford pickup Hotrod. He does all the coating for Teague!

Jake W
    Jetdriver that looks great that is what I am after number please.
    Jake

core attitude
    moms 56 ford pickup Hotrod.
    Props to mom.

superdave013
    Powercoating sucks ass if you ask me. It makes your parts larger in size and gaskets don't seal worth a crap on them. The nice crisp edges I had were now more rounded. The threads? Well they did try to keep it out of them but didn't. Then I had to run a tap down 'em and that sucked. It chips too.
    I know anno fades. Some colors are worse then others, red being the worst and black being the best.
    I guess it's just me but when I make a bunch of stuff and it came back from the powder coater larger then I sent it out that was the last time. Might be ok for vents and grab handles.

Jetdriver
    Jetdriver that looks great that is what I am after number please.
    Jake
    Here you go!
    Ajax Powdercoating and Sandblasting
    (818) 781-5667
    Sorry for taking so long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast