Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Toyz

phebus
    I had the pleasure of doing business with Car Toyz in Lake Havasu today. Frank took time out from a busy day, and took a couple of hours time diagnosing and adjusting my stereo, and charged nothing for his services. I can't say enough about how nice, and professional he was. He really knows his stuff, and explained everything he was doing to me, so I now have a much better understanding of how to adjust it for the best performance. The bummer was I found out I need a new amp for my sub, but I know where I am going to buy it after the service I recieved.
    After all the complaints on the forum of poor service within the boat industry, I just had to share my experiences with a quality company.

BoatFloating
    Rick, I haven't seen any posts on Car Toyz poor service. I've heard only positive. So how does the system sound???? and what happened to your sub amp????

phebus
    My sub amp- Rockford Fosgate bd1500 shuts off after a couple of hard hits. If you turn off the system and then turn it back on, it will work again but as soon as it hits hard, it shuts off again. It was purchased from Al & Ed's with a five year extended warranty, and Bill told me to contact the store and see what they will do for me.
    Frank from Car Toyz spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot the system, and eliminated everything else as a problem, and said it must be the amp. While it works, he had the system sounding great.

phebus
    Also Rocky, when I was referring to complaints of bad service, I was talking about the boat business in general, not Car Toyz. Like you, I have heard nothing but good about them, and just wanted to let everyone know of a good experience rather than a bad one within the biz. Car Toyz provided me with GREAT service.

BoatFloating
    Also Rocky, when I was referring to complaints of bad service, I was talking about the boat business in general, not Car Toyz. Like you, I have heard nothing but good about them, and just wanted to let everyone know of a good experience rather than a bad one within the biz. Car Toyz provided me with GREAT service.
    That's what I figured but some people might read it the wrong way.... :boxed: Glad you cleared it up for us. Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed with the extended warranty.

phebus
    I broke out all the paperwork this a.m., and the booklet that came with the Rockford Fosgate bd1500 amp says the original warranty is valid for three years. I am going to call them and see what they say.

Evo22
    before you send the amp in I would put a meter at the 12 volt terminal on the amp and turn it up and see what voltage you are at when it shuts down all rockfords have a protection circut and if they see low voltage it kicks in and save the amp from self destructing

phebus
    before you send the amp in I would put a meter at the 12 volt terminal on the amp and turn it up and see what voltage you are at when it shuts down all rockfords have a protection circut and if they see low voltage it kicks in and save the amp from self destructing
    Will do. If it meters voltage below 12 volts, would that mean my batteries are going? I charge them every night before going out, and the problem is there from the beginning of the day. When I spoke to Rockford regarding the problem, they said it might indicate a grounding problem, but nothing has changed with my wiring, and I checked to make sure everything was clean and tight. I have a run of 4ga. approx. 10' going to distribution blocks with 2 8ga. wires approx. 3' going into the amp.

Evo22
    with the engine off you should have at least 12/12.5 volts when the system pulls alot of current it shouldn't drop below 11 and and if it does it should come right back up if it doesnt you have a battery prob or wirring, you have a 10ft. 4ga. power wire what about your ground wire?

ROZ
    you have a 10ft. 4ga. power wire what about your ground wire?
    Yep, your ground must be exactly like your power run....
    How old are your batteries?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast