Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Nor Cal Hooky Day on the delta Oct 15th

Boatmaster
    Andrew said it looked like you were loosing keyed power. I have seen the key switch or loose contacts cause your same problem.

HP350SC
    Racer- Wire a test light to coil positive and drive it. See if you lose power there when it dies. What year/make/sbc? Friend of a friend also has a ski boat same problem, turned out to be ect sensor failing and telling module it was overheated> module shuts motor down. Assuming you have EFI.
    About how far are we planning to drive the boats, don't want to buy fuel at marina as I'm bringing my own on truck. Should I bring gas cans on boat?

HP350SC
    Hey Wayne you should bring your truck tank and stock up on 110 fuel at 3 something a gallon.

RACER52
    the ect problems sounds like a winner!!
    Already found that there isnt any power to coil or distributer when the after
    the engine dies. I'll hook a test light up tomorrow night and drive it over to Tunnel T's for some brews. I think I'll throw a new key switch in also.
    Is it possible to bypass a sensor(ect) or just replace it?
    Racer
    Hp350- I would bring gas cans if you are really worried. I dont think anyone will be hurting for gas. We can always make a run back to marina
    mid day to your truck if needed.

Boatmaster
    The 3 something a gallon is at a marina that is water access only. Not sure how much fuel you can carry, but you should be fine if you fill up. After our morning/afternoon run it should leave you nice and lite for radar runs and just enough to get back to the trailer. The marina that sells the 110 is less than one mile from Chris's island anyway! This time tomorrow I will just be getting on the water :wink: .

HP350SC
    the ect problems sounds like a winner!!
    Already found that there isnt any power to coil or distributer when the after
    the engine dies. I'll hook a test light up tomorrow night and drive it over to Tunnel T's for some brews. I think I'll throw a new key switch in also.
    Is it possible to bypass a sensor(ect) or just replace it?
    Racer
    Hp350- I would bring gas cans if you are really worried. I dont think anyone will be hurting for gas. We can always make a run back to marina
    mid day to your truck if needed.
    Just replace it, hell you've spent a lot already :rollside: If that fixes it I'll let you buy some beer.
    I'll bring gas cans in case.

HP350SC
    The 3 something a gallon is at a marina that is water access only. Not sure how much fuel you can carry, but you should be fine if you fill up. After our morning/afternoon run it should leave you nice and lite for radar runs and just enough to get back to the trailer. The marina that sells the 110 is less than one mile from Chris's island anyway! This time tomorrow I will just be getting on the water :wink: .
    OK thanks for information on fuel. This time tomoorow I'll be in Grants Pass with a long ways to go. It will be our turn to host a get together up here next year. When are you guys going to come to the best poker run there is? The Columbia river is virtually endless and very scenic in the gorge area as well.

RACER52
    I agree, I'll replace it and the beers are on you

HP350SC
    Nn no no, I believe it was the hydroscillator that went bad on his.

Boatmaster
    PPR what's the good word????

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425