Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not buy a Fabtech lift...

OC-PARTYCAT
    I just wanted everyone to know that my truck is going in tonight for
    its second set of idler and pitman arms in less than 25k miles.. I have
    the 8" lift on my truck and it sucks. The angles are too extreme and its
    wearing em out fast. Not good at 500 bucks a pop. :burningm:

schlepy
    i have a fab tech lift and i love it. its a chevy problem not a fab tech problem. chevys HD idler and pitman arm suck..................

OC-PARTYCAT
    They should have dropped everything down like the good kits. Did you buy some aftermarket ones from fly-n-hi? What did you do to fix it?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Wouldn't one think that if Fabtech knows that their lift is causing this problem that they would adjust their lift kit? Afterall, it's aftermarket stuff, why would it be Chevy's fault?

OC-PARTYCAT
    Its not a chevy problem.. I think if you put that kind of angle on any joint its going to **** it up...

Quality Time
    There is no problem until the lift is installed, I think it's a FabTech problem for not including an engineered fix as a part of their kit.

schlepy
    fabtech is a drop down kit. even stock, the chevy idler goes out. i heard that the 05 chevy hd has a fix from factory, just waiting to hear from my friend at classic chevy to see when it comes in. i know that fabtech has a fix for the problem, try to contact gary woofter direct at fabtech and see what he recommends...

Waldo
    Why not contact Fabtech or the place that did the intall about this problem? Also, do you off-road with it? If you do, that in itself will cause a lot of stress.
    I'm sure Ivan Dan could shed some light on this subject.
    I replaced my Toyota idler arm a couple times...even the aftermarket one was destroyed.

NOTALENT
    I stick with CST..Good prices. Exellent Quality..same warranty..but better craftmanship

OC-PARTYCAT
    The truck has barely seen dirt. My brother has the cst kit on his truck and it is bad ass. they drop all the steering down. I called Fabtech and they pretty much told me I was shit out of luck and the problem is with Chevy not Fabtech. They also said that Fly-N-Hi makes some good replacements. I called them and was quoted somewhere around 800.00 for the set.
    One of the techs over there said they have a fix and they are testing them out on a couple trucks. I offered my truck for testing of the parts and was denied. They should of dropped the steering down or not offered a kit at all in my opinion. I am only getting around 10k miles til I hit a bump on the road and the tires go back and forth uncontrollably until I either slam on the brakes to about 5mph or speed up to about 45mph....what a joke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast