Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: no mess oil change

moneysucker
    For filter change, I use a quart size zip lock bag and place it around the filter and un screw it let the filter fall into the bag, Zip it and pull it out from under the motor. No mess

Goldy
    Hola Amigos. Anyone out there know what kind of set up I would need in order to drain the oil thru a oil drain hose that has a "ball-bearing" check valve on the end? I have an 87' Bahner w/ a 454, jet drive. It came with the oil drain tube already installed. The hose has a brass end cap and when removed there is a ball-bearing check valve. I'm sure there is a small connector I need to allow the oil to flow. Anyone seen this set up before? Thanks. Goldy Out.

LHC30Victory
    boy I have to change my oil
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-10-04_063.jpg
    AND WASH UP AFTERWARD

moneysucker
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-10-04_063.jpg
    AND WASH UP AFTERWARD
    You are running fat. Check your plugs. I bet they are black not the cinamin color that they are supposed to be. May need to re jet. Soot is safe though. No worry of running too lean

Goldy
    Test
    Hola Amigos. Anyone out there know what kind of set up I would need in order to drain the oil thru a oil drain hose that has a "ball-bearing" check valve on the end? I have an 87' Bahner w/ a 454, jet drive. It came with the oil drain tube already installed. The hose has a brass end cap and when removed there is a ball-bearing check valve. I'm sure there is a small connector I need to allow the oil to flow. Anyone seen this set up before? Thanks. Goldy Out.

Mighty Thor
    I thought I saw a kit like this I think it was a Fram.

hack job
    This is what i use, When the oil is warm it sucks it out before you can swap out the filter. Works awsome.
    http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi...t_id=980142480
    i use this as well . we also bought one of those electric ones they arent very good they are loud and slow . the oil boy is like 7 pumps and it fills up in like two or three mins, then you dump and go again( it only holds like 5 qts)

My old boss at Advantage had changing oil down to a science at the races where he ran his K boat and in earlier days, his circle jets. If he had to change oil in-between heats, he'd just back out the little plug in the block by the oil pressure gauge line. Attach a little custom line he had made, light the engine off and at an idle and that blown BBC would dump all the oil in a bucket in about 30 seconds. When the oil would start to sputter cooing out of the tube, he'd shut the engine down, button everything up and go back racin'. Never hurt the engine. Not that I'd do this, but that was his way of doing it.
    For the trip home it was a different story, with the boat hooked up and ready to hit the road, he'd pull the drain plug out of the pan and go. By the time he got home the oil had drainded out of the pan, through the drain plug hole in the transom and onto Hwy 10. Wipe the bildge and rear crossmember of the trailer with a little simple green back at the shop, and he was done. How'd ya like to follow that rig home from the river?

bilgewiper
    Thats how I used to do it too. Back in the day with my old jet boats. I had a tee coming off the base of the oil pressure sender with a valve on it that I slipped a hose on and Old Rigger is right on when he says the oil is all out in 30 seconds! At idle with valve open and oil shootin out the oil PSI still didn't drop below 5 PSI. I did it for many years on differnt boats/engines and never had any issues with it.

beyondhelpin
    This is what i use, When the oil is warm it sucks it out before you can swap out the filter. Works awsome.
    http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi...t_id=980142480
    I use the same thing you do. I have tried the electric pump. Sucked! I have tried the drill method. Sucked! I have used the drain hose. It works ok but if you are impatient like me it is excruciating to wait like that. The extractor works great. Just give it a few pumps and it just keeps drawing the oil out. By far the easiest, cleanest, least time consuming method I have ever used.
    http://www.iboats.com/mall/image/ven...ig/40344_0.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast