Thread: Unaccessable Valve Cover Bolts??

TahitiSteve
    My valve cover bolts are blocked by my center riser manifolds, they're possible to get off with the manifolds still on, but it's less hassle to just pull the manifolds and then the valve covers.
    I'm planning on cutting some T-Bars in half and then weld wobble socket adapters in the middle of them, but thought I'd see if anyone else has found a better solution?

eliminator777
    On my BBC I have cast alum.tall valve covers they are very thick around the flange.Top center and bottom center 2 where bolts go I use 1 inch studs.Bolts in out side. Same way I did when I ran a fuel car.Gaskets are glued to Valve cover.They have never leaked.It's kind of funny people always ask,DID YOU FORGET THE BOLTS.In the real early days we held VC's on with just the spark plug Tubes on a Donovan417 or KB426.

Racing Ray
    I use a 1/4" drive rachet with a long extention and a swivel socket. It works on mine.

superV
    TahitiSteve:
    My valve cover bolts are blocked by my center riser manifolds, they're possible to get off with the manifolds still on, but it's less hassle to just pull the manifolds and then the valve covers.
    I'm planning on cutting some T-Bars in half and then weld wobble socket adapters in the middle of them, but thought I'd see if anyone else has found a better solution? Hey im in St.Louis too we should hook up?

Ctuck
    You should be able to just loosen the manifold bolts up enough for it to move outward 1/4" or so- enough to get to the cover bolts w/o completely removing the manifolds

Waveline24
    Same for me. Just loosening the manifolds lets em drop out enough to get in there on mine