Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, ya'll...

MizBubba
    I'm getting weary of all the snipes & snide comments! So let me say my 2 cents :
    I have enjoyed reading the banter in the Sandbar, and Hot Spots, West (yes, :frown: I'm afraid I've been lurking), but I have not joined them due to my unfamiliarity with the 'vibe' of the group. It seems to me that all you guys (and gals) on the west coast are very good friends, and KNOW what you can say, and get away with it.
    The same is basically true with Hot Spots, East... only on a smaller scale. First & foremost (especially the further south you go) is the unwritten rule that you don't dis the women (unless you know them REAL WELL), 'cause "them's fightin' words". It's a kneejerk response here, so don't expect that to change. Add to the mix that many of us (myself included) don't have a lot of disposable income, and the boats we have, we have because we've invested many hours of work, sweat, cursing & tears to turn out something worth having... so when someone starts in on "that ain't a real boat", it's insulting.... thus the reaction you received to your posts.
    There are some folks on this thread that know each other better than others, and can pick, prod, & tease without repercussion. I am relatively new to the group, and was able to meet many of them in June, at Lake Anna, VA. Let me say that I have never met a friendlier, or more caring group of people.... but I still don't feel I know some them well enough to say the kind of the things that ya'll have said in recent threads ( :notam: don't get squirrelly until you hear me out).
    I think this is a culture thing... most of us (in the East) were just raised to be more reserved with casual acquaintances. (Note to the East coast crew: :squiggle: I'm a poor example of this, folks... so ya'll can quit laughing!)
    It's like if you were out in public, you wouldn't just come up to a stranger & start dogging them, just because you've listened to their conversation. They don't know you were 'eavesdropping', and it appears to them that you're picking a fight. :boxingguy Once things have been said, it's hard to take them back, even if you eventually understand the circumstances. I think that's what's happened here.
    We're not unfriendly, and we DO welcome anyone who wants to post, but let's base the discussion on building friendships, and knowledge... not who's got the best (or worst) women/boats/life, etc :yuk: . Otherwise, we'll all lose, because folks won't want to participate in the forums anymore. :frown:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    THANK YOU!!!!! :wink:

FRENCHIE
    ill say well said!!! SOmething good has come out of the East!!!

dicudmore
    that was well said.....
    and I think I speak for the west coast, myself at least....
    Just come to the boards to relax a little and chat about water, not trying to step on anyones toes

PlyaPlya22
    You got a few peeps over there that like to have fun!!!

Liquid Invader
    I tried to get this thing stopped a long time ago. Didn't say it as well as you but tried anyway. The problem is those AZZ HOLES out there don't know when to quit. I try to get along with everybody but i wouldn't give those guys the time of day after this. And all you west coast guys don't take this wrong, because i know all of you aren't jerks. Just a the ones that started this BS.
    This doesn't have anything to do with the boys being black either. They are AZZ HOLES IN ANY COLOR. As far as your girls ( you can have the MUD SUCKERS) It takes a lot to get me to this point but there it is.
    I may not be back thanks to this CRAP.
    GOOD BY 383

FRENCHIE
    :jawdrop: :cry: :cry: :cry:

throwerb
    As a west coast boater who is looking to move to the nashville area soon I'm glad to hear that women are held in such high regard, as I will be coming with my wife and three daughters. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and would also like to invite as many of the west coast peeps that share that same respect for everyone to come out and visit. Think I'll buy a house with an extra bedroom so you guys will have a place to stay. Lets all try to remember in a time when being an american makes us all brothers in a not so friendly world, that we all post here because we share a common interest in boats and fun. Now let's all keep our sense of humor without crossing the line. :mix:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    I tried to get this thing stopped a long time ago. Didn't say it as well as you but tried anyway. The problem is those AZZ HOLES out there don't know when to quit. I try to get along with everybody but i wouldn't give those guys the time of day after this. And all you west coast guys don't take this wrong, because i know all of you aren't jerks. Just a the ones that started this BS.
    This doesn't have anything to do with the boys being black either. They are AZZ HOLES IN ANY COLOR. As far as your girls ( you can have the MUD SUCKERS) It takes a lot to get me to this point but there it is.
    GOOD BY 383
    Well I have said I was sorry over and over and I am, but if i was/am wrong so are the east coasters that keep it going. If you get on us get on your east coast peeps also. You can check all the post to see what eaterner keeps it going. in any case its all in fun, dont you guys take this to much to heart. Hay and whats up with the commit BOYS BEING BLACK and YOU CAN HAVE THE MUD SUCKERS see how things get started.
    HAY I'M JUST KIDDING ROTFLMAO but you see you want us to stop and you keep going. WTF. I think we have to much fun on the WEST for some of you

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    I'm getting weary of all the snipes & snide comments! So let me say my 2 cents :
    I have enjoyed reading the banter in the Sandbar, and Hot Spots, West (yes, :frown: I'm afraid I've been lurking), but I have not joined them due to my unfamiliarity with the 'vibe' of the group. It seems to me that all you guys (and gals) on the west coast are very good friends, and KNOW what you can say, and get away with it.
    The same is basically true with Hot Spots, East... only on a smaller scale. First & foremost (especially the further south you go) is the unwritten rule that you don't dis the women (unless you know them REAL WELL), 'cause "them's fightin' words". It's a kneejerk response here, so don't expect that to change. Add to the mix that many of us (myself included) don't have a lot of disposable income, and the boats we have, we have because we've invested many hours of work, sweat, cursing & tears to turn out something worth having... so when someone starts in on "that ain't a real boat", it's insulting.... thus the reaction you received to your posts.
    There are some folks on this thread that know each other better than others, and can pick, prod, & tease without repercussion. I am relatively new to the group, and was able to meet many of them in June, at Lake Anna, VA. Let me say that I have never met a friendlier, or more caring group of people.... but I still don't feel I know some them well enough to say the kind of the things that ya'll have said in recent threads ( :notam: don't get squirrelly until you hear me out).
    I think this is a culture thing... most of us (in the East) were just raised to be more reserved with casual acquaintances. (Note to the East coast crew: :squiggle: I'm a poor example of this, folks... so ya'll can quit laughing!)
    It's like if you were out in public, you wouldn't just come up to a stranger & start dogging them, just because you've listened to their conversation. They don't know you were 'eavesdropping', and it appears to them that you're picking a fight. :boxingguy Once things have been said, it's hard to take them back, even if you eventually understand the circumstances. I think that's what's happened here.
    We're not unfriendly, and we DO welcome anyone who wants to post, but let's base the discussion on building friendships, and knowledge... not who's got the best (or worst) women/boats/life, etc :yuk: . Otherwise, we'll all lose, because folks won't want to participate in the forums anymore. :frown:
    mizbubba, are you going to get on you fellow east coaster for DISSING OUR WOMAN
    GOOD BY 383
    Well lets see if you only think the west is wrong, our woman are MUD SUCKERS ROTFLMAO you dont want me to post more pics do you, a simple sorry should be in order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast