Thread: Where is all the hype for OP6C on Mojave..?

Doug H.
    Seems there isn't alot of hype or excitement for this event on lake Mojave. !!
    Is it cause of the location or what ?
    What's your take on this ?..................................Doug

FRENCHIE
    Seems there isn't alot of hype or excitement for this event on lake Mojave. !!
    Is it cause of the location or what ?
    What's your take on this ?..................................Doug
    WELL I JUST COMMITED TODAY...SO THAT SHOULD ALL CHANGE NOW!!!!

Doug H.
    Ya Frenchie, i heard you da man.

HOOTER SLED-
    Frenchie is making a "celebrity" guest appearance. :wink: You should head out Doug, our boats would be twins.

rivercrazy
    We don't need no stinkin hype!
    Originally Posted by RiverToysJas
    There have been 25 rooms rented under the group rate at the Nugget alone. There are AT LEAST a dozen or more people staying at other hotels (I think the actual number is much higher). Plus the folks who have places in BHC, Fort Mohave, & Needles. There are also some folks towing up for the day from Havasu.
    We don't care about bragging rights and big turn outs, we care about quality people and no drama. This should be a good workable size group, and I think you'll be able to mingle and meet a lot of new people, since many are coming for the first time. But if anyone thinks they'd have more fun doing something else, somewhere else, that's all cool too!!! We're not pushing anyone to go, we're not over-hyping, we're not doing an arrival list (so people will feel more free to just show up), we're not doing any judging or contests (so people won't be turned off to the party because they feel they don't have a nice enough boat or big enough stereo), no t-shirts, no sponcers, no prizes, and we picked a new location from all previous OPs in hopes of getting some fresh blood out to say hello.
    OP6 in the fall is little more than a date and place for people to get together and put names with faces. I believe it will be a really nice day on the water, a great weekend, but that's just me, and I could be wrong.

Doug H.
    Rivercrazy, very well put !! this thing should be a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandelon
    The one in the spring is normally hyped and everyone gets all excited for it. It is the kickoff to the ragin summer of festivities.
    By the end of the season, many are partied out, bored and have broken their boats, or run outta money.
    It is traditionally more mellow and thusly no real hype is generated. The location may be part of the issue, as Mojave is typically regarded as a quieter lake than Havasu. Less party spots, no channel, not enough ramps to launch, etc.
    It will be nice to have a big beach, I have been where we are meeting and that is a good place. I think its cool to have a little variety in locale.

Lightning
    Last year's fall OP6 in Parker was pretty packed, I think the location has more to do with it than anything else. It sounds like there will be a pretty good turn out none-the-less. We are not going because of the location, if it was in Parker, we would probably be there.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    I'm saving it for the ALMOST DAM RUN

FRENCHIE
    Frenchie is making a "celebrity" guest appearance. :wink: You should head out Doug, our boats would be twins.
    wow.."OVERNIGHT CELEBRITY!"