Thread: Trailer bunks & paint

UtlGoa
    I had my bost painted and now my trailer bunks are rubbing the paint off the bottom of my boat. Does anyone have any good ideas on stopping the bunks from rubbing. I saw these flat plastic looking pieces you screw down to the bunks to help load and unload the boat. Do you guys think this will work?

Dans66Stevens
    I have seen those before. I thought they looked pretty cool.
    If I was you I would try to load your boat in deeper water. You must be dragging the boat up on the bunks.Just a Thought....

Hallett19
    Holy Christ, what are you doing painting your boat anyways ??? That is pretty ethnic if you ask me, and who cares if the paint under is coiming off, its what the girls see that matters, the bottom is always in the water. But if you want to stop it from rubbing the paint off, while you are driving at least, get straps for the back of the boat.

UtlGoa
    I'm worried about the paint coming off from the water washing against it

ratso
    I think you need to go slap your painter, what did he use, a good quality paint won't do that.

DickDanger
    Sounds to me like you arent loading your boat in deep enough water. The boat should float there, and settle into the bunks as you slowly pull it out of the water. -DD out

UtlGoa
    well had one of my buddies look at the bunks. He said the 2x6 is to big for the chines. Said I should change to a 2x4 and it won't rub. The paint is PPG, and they used some clear called "Graffiti clear" ever heard of it?

froggystyle
    I think you may have gotten the Graffiti tool!
    It should not rub off.

bobz
    did you bake the paint? how long did the paint have to set?