Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ported or Sealed...

NOTALENT
    Well I am finally going to start being able to buy my stuff a piece at a time..and since I have a friend who can get me my kicker subs...I wanted to know what would hit harder?? This small sealed box or there Vented Enclosure vs..the basic square sealed enclosure..?? Any Clue??

ROZ
    If you have the room, I'd consider the ported box.

mbrown2
    Ported and go with a slot loaded enclosure...very efficient design, don't need a ton of watts to get the volume you want...If you have the room...a slot loaded box will take more than a traditional ported or sealed box..Audio Concepts was on the phone with JL for at least an hour trying different combo's to fit in the Malibu with still a reasonably sized box..

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    How About Both

ROZ
    Audio Concepts was on the phone with JL for at least an hour trying different combo's to fit in the Malibu with still a reasonably sized box..
    Totally cool people over there. I use to ask for Jason. Good kid with great technical advise... He never would tell me what they did to modify my JL5005, though....

STV_Keith
    A ported box will typically be louder (db wise).

OC Ultra
    Brop,going thru the upgrade thing myself, where are you going to mount those bad boys?

NOTALENT
    On my boat..I have 2 good size storage compartments..kind of like a little cuddy..for the ice chests..etc.. It will fit nicely and its outta the way...otherwise...maybe under the rear seat where the 6x9s are currently are setting..

ROZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast