Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy my first brand new boat

Kiddunot
    Morning guys, well i made it home from the long beach boat show yesterday, saw some good boat manufacturers, however could not afford most of them, on any behalf I have decided to move up in the boating world. I have decided I am going to sell my honda waverunner, and am looking to buy my first boat, I looked at a chapparel yesterday. Its the 204 sportboat. It is a 21ft boat with a chevy small block in it, I/O Drive which is the volvo penta. just wanted to get the low down, if it is a halfway decent boat. I could get it for 34k after everything. seemed kind of expensive but then again I guess it will do for now until I save up enough money for the conquest deck boat. Please give me any feedback possible before I make a final decision. I am assuming that is the best boat in that type of category aka bayliner, maxum, four winns, etc etc etc......

Roxysnow
    Maybe go with a performance boat 2-3 years old! you'd get a much better deal. The value on the Chapparell will plummet after the 1 year. For 30k you could get a real nice 21-23ft performance boat!

Racer277
    Maybe go with a performance boat 2-3 years old! you'd get a much better deal. The value on the Chapparell will plummet after the 1 year. For 30k you could get a real nice 21-23ft performance boat!
    I agree. We went through this last year. Look at the prices on used Chapparell's, that's more than you should expect to get from yours in a few years. We bought an older perf boat of the same model we wanted. 1/3 the price of new, low hours, just broke in (including the interior), mechanically perfect. Since it's our first we're learning everything, including what we really want in a boat, and won't take as big a hit. I also knew I didn't want a standard production boat. The only downside is the paint scheme dates the boat-big deal.
    Just my .02

lucky
    over the wave runner - but i have seen some 80- 90 mph boats for thirty grand - there is really nice schiata 21 in hot boat ads for 44- ( well worth it ) -
    do some shoppin -

OSUman
    I have a 210 SSi Chapparal for sale right now for $27,850 it is a 2004 with 14 hours on it with the merc 5.0 and alpha one drive if you would like to see pics pm me and we can talk the boat is white and yellow beautiful family boat.

Roxysnow
    There is a super clean LAVEY. Look for Grey Goose! 23 ft new era - I thinks it's in your price range! Awsome boat and power for the price!

Garrddogg
    Yeah what he said !

cc322
    I would look at a used performance boat you will lose alot of money on resale on a new chap imo. Plus you will not be allowed on this forums if you buy a production boat j/k The Lavey someone mentioned is a 24 nu era (25.2) overall length, I think he was asking 38.000.00 hell of a deal. Good luck

Debbolas
    Kachina, Kachina, Kachina :clover:
    http://www.kachinaboats.com

Havasu_Dreamin
    I would look around for 3-4 year old performance boat. As someone else said, you will get way more boat for your money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast