Thread: Water coming over transom

dekmaster
    Hi All,
    I know this has been asked before but I can't find the thread. After installing a hydrolic diverter I noticed that when I have the diverter down for let's say skiing or tubing. I have stream of water shooting over my transom and right onto my intake manifold. This doesn't happend when the diverter is up. This makes for some annoying skiing sessions. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone fixed it? Thanks for all of your help.
    Dennis

MudPumper
    The water is being thrown up by the diverter arm. The lever that hangs down on the right side of the pump and moves it up and down. You need to make a splash shield to mount at the top where the cable has the two nuts that hold it to the arm. A small piece of 1/4" Al sandwiched between one of the nuts and washers should do the trick.

Shark In The Pond
    If you need I can e-mail you a pic of mine ?

BrendellaJet
    If you need I can e-mail you a pic of mine ?
    Post a pic!

Shark In The Pond
    I keep telling 502 everytime I go to HB pics my account is lost Someone here posted it after I emailed them to him ? It should be a easy fix ,on mine it is a Aggressor and all I had to do is cut out a pattern out of plastic ( which was a bottom of a flower pot :idea: ) then took the nut off the steering arm cut a hole for the bolt to stick through slap the plastic gaurd on then put the nut back on (((BAM ))) no more splash ! I now have to admit I lied in the old thread on this problem about having takeing off the plastic flower pot gaurd and haveing it done right with some 1/8" plate cause I heading to Whitney next weekend with it still on ( and it does still work ) so I HOPE this helps

dekmaster
    Thanks