Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's diet time..........

Sherpa
    this will be fun... not. last time I lost about 40 on atkins. but we all know
    you can't have: beer, cafeine, carbs=chips-bread-everything, and fruit
    is high in carbs............
    so, now the fruits aren't in high season so not as much temptation.. summers
    over, so not too hot to need beer (I know, oxymoron) so now I have been
    cattle-prodded from my employer who is doing physicals on all of us who
    work in the fab... (checking for chemical crap, respirator training)
    I gotta drop some lb's............ wife is doing the eat every 2 hour dealio...
    --what works for you all'-?
    --Sherpa

superdave013
    put down the fork and go ride a bike

Mrs. casean
    I lost 23 lbs from march to aug and all I did was eat right 5 days a week and eat what I wanted 2 dinners or lunches a week. I worked out 3 days for 45 min (run/walk/jog/bicycle) minimun and wala... it really wasn't bad... but I do love salads so that helped. I ate salads every day for lunch, or a healthy sandwich, I limited my fat intake big time... and low cal and low carbs all together and I never gained it back even after a good weekend. Good luck w/ you goal!

racecar.hotshoe
    I lost 23 lbs from march to aug and all I did was eat right 5 days a week and eat what I wanted 2 dinners or lunches a week. I worked out 3 days for 45 min (run/walk/jog/bicycle) minimun and wala... it really wasn't bad... but I do love salads so that helped. I ate salads every day for lunch, or a healthy sandwich, I limited my fat intake big time... and low cal and low carbs all together and I never gained it back even after a good weekend. Good luck w/ you goal!WE know about your workout deal!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif

Mrs. casean
    WE know about your workout deal!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif
    Sean wished that was my main source of exercise! That only works the abs and inner thighs

rrrr
    We just got back from a week in the Northeast. Spent a couple of days in NYC and the rest in Newport, RI. I don't think I missed any meals, and drank cold ones nonstop for eight days.
    Uh, suddenly my pants are way too tight.... :cry:
    I'll be eating salad for lunch for a while. :yuk:

Mrs. casean
    We just got back from a week in the Northeast. Spent a couple of days in NYC and the rest in Newport, RI. I don't think I missed any meals, and drank cold ones nonstop for eight days.
    Uh, suddenly my pants are way too tight.... :cry:
    I'll be eating salad for lunch for a while. :yuk:
    Sounds like a good time! A few salads and you'll be right back to normal Oh Big Key... Fat Free Dressing or Low Fat! No regular 12-18 grams or it's pointless!

mirvin
    Hey Sherpa. It sounds like you had success with Atkins but maybe you didn't work your way through all the phases to end up with a sustainable eating strategy. Or what they call "mantainance"......
    Do it again but this time finish all the phases and you'll be good. I've been on mantainace for almost 2 years and am right at my target weight. Yeah you get sloppy sometimes but all you gotta do is eat right more often then not and work out a few time a week to make it work.
    mirvin :shift:

HCS
    I lost 40lbs on my own diet. Eat less and exercise, it actually works.
    Iv'e kept the weight of also by maintaining my diet.
    I still drink the beer though. If you exercise the carbs are good for you.

Mrs. casean
    I lost 40lbs on my own diet. Eat less and exercise, it actually works.
    Iv'e kept the weight of also by maintaining my diet.
    I still drink the beer though. If you exercise the carbs are good for you.
    Thats the key... exercise! you're so right...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast