Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6x9 vs 6.5 Speakers??

NOTALENT
    What do you have and what do you prefer...Roz, Riverbound and others have been of great help...But I am still deciding on which way to go? Let me know what ur systems consist of and what u like.

racecar.hotshoe
    6X9,s I have 8 sets in my boat..What do you have and what do you prefer...Roz, Riverbound and others have been of great help...But I am still deciding on which way to go? Let me know what ur systems consist of and what u like.

NOTALENT
    How many amps do you have hooked up?? what kind and wattage?? do they sound good?

mbrown2
    6x9 equal more volume, 6 1/2 equal better quality sometimes...if I had the space and could do external xovers I would do 6x9's...Volume tends to be more important in the boats if quality is good (not great)..Another option to look at is the 7" coax's by Pierced (contact Transonic in Montclair)...these sound great and give you more cone for volume...Some manufactures are starting to use these...I have 8 of these and they sound great....I wish MB Quart still manufactured their 8" coax's...those are the $hit in a marine setup...

NOTALENT
    That would be nice...but I am on a budget...and I can get a decent break on Kicker...I was looking at there 6x9 and 6.5.

mbrown2
    I would listen to both; hopefully in a boat and then make your decision...

racecar.hotshoe
    How many amps do you have hooked up?? what kind and wattage?? do they sound good?I have two amps total of 1500 watts 4 10,s plus the 8X10,s It sounds Great.Unless your driving It needs to be bigger,

BoatFloating
    They both have a place and a purpose like Mbrown said. I have both in my boat.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...C02633-med.JPG
    But the 6x9 seem to work better at night..... :220v:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...C02946-med.JPG

NOTALENT
    That..is freakin..sick...I love it..major props...I wish I could afford it..haha

BoatFloating
    I wish MB Quart still manufactured their 8" coax's...those are the $hit in a marine setup...
    You ain't kidding those were the sickest set up speakers I ever heard.... :squiggle:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast