Thread: Anybody Going To The Hotrod Reunion?

Dave Sammons
    If any of the group is heading to the NHRA Reunion in Bakersfield this weekend out at Fomoso, I'll be there Saturday morning. Gotta crewchief this 1963 Top Fuel car I restored for a guy last year. It's kind of a fun deal. We start the thing up a few times during the day on 70%nitro and then in the late afternoon all the old cars get push started down the return road, just like back in the day. It's not as much fun as racin', but, allot less stressful! So, if you're comin' up, I got chairs and shade right behind the Grandstand, just look for the car. If you're up for the circleraces, try to get out to this thing, it's pretty cool!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...fest_start.jpg

Beautiful Noise
    Dave, I was suppose to go BUT instead i'm heading to the Secret Spot in Parker...........Have Fun And enjoy the Crackle Fest

haulina29
    I understand original owner Bill Stecker is going to be on site for the event .

LeE ss13
    If you've ever been to Bakersfield when they are having one of those big drag racing events AND a boat race on the same weekend, you will notice 2 things. One ... all the motels are booked, and two... Saturday night on the town is and endless sea of motor sport T-Shirts !!! Quite cool actually.

lucky
    Ciecil Mattews ( Really A Great Guy ) And His Son Kelly And Ronnie - And Brother Hippy- Tim--- All These People Are A-1 Peeps
    Ciecil Has Been Messing With A Brand New Set Up - How Are You Setting Up Clutches - Lol Go Say Hi Them And Tell Them Chris Was Just Having ( You ) Check Up On Them ... He's Running The 57 T Bird - Stop By And Say Hi .

MAXIMUS
    Ciecil Mattews ( Really A Great Guy ) And His Son Kelly And Ronnie - And Brother Hippy- Tim--- All These People Are A-1 Peeps
    Ciecil Has Been Messing With A Brand New Set Up - How Are You Setting Up Clutches - Lol Go Say Hi Them And Tell Them Chris Was Just Having ( You ) Check Up On Them ... He's Running The 57 T Bird - Stop By And Say Hi .
    Yea and they will look at you and go... Chris who??? :notam:

Dave Sammons
    I understand original owner Bill Stecker is going to be on site for the event .
    He'll be there with the whole San Pedro crew. He's a great guy, got to spend some time with him last year when we took the car to the Reunion. He had not seen the car for 35years. He said it it wa like opening up his garage doorand seeing it in 1963.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1517hotrod.jpg
    That's Bill standing behind the car at a HotRod photoshoot at Pomona. Jack Ewell is in the seat, when he wasn't driving, he was the parts manager for Mickey Thompson. The date on the picture is wrong, this was really 1963. This shot is one of 4 that I had to work with to restore the car.

Dave Sammons
    I'll go check on them!

Beautiful Noise
    Dave, I know Manny that pitted on that Car when it use to run. I saw you last year and didnt realize that was you, I was with Manny when he stopped and talked with you at last years reunion :smile: My Boss Pits for Don & Dale Taros also there Dad Tom Taros they run Nostalgia Eliminator they will be there this weekend also he said he'll walk over and say Hi

Dave Sammons
    Dave, I know Manny that pitted on that Car when it use to run. I saw you last year and didnt realize that was you, I was with Manny when he stopped and talked with you at last years reunion :smile: My Boss Pits for Don & Dale Taros also there Dad Tom Taros they run Nostalgia Eliminator they will be there this weekend also he said he'll walk over and say Hi
    Small World, huh! Those Taros boys run HARD! Have a good time at C.R. in Parker!