Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Truck Values With Aftermarket Stuff....

DSIDan
    I have ALWAYS gotten a lot more for highly modified vehicles used than stockers. I have an offer right now on my 2002 Chevy D-max 2WD for $40K that I am not taking in fact. Lots of mods, frame cut for the drop, completely custom dashboard etc... Thing is, I would just have to go do it all again for a new truck, so we are hanging on to it for the shop vehicle.
    It is all in who did the mods, how great it looks and performs and what kind of a statement it makes to the person looking for a vehicle. I sold my Corvette for nearly $10K over book last week due to killer mods. Any time someone tried talking me down, I just said "fine, if the wheels aren't worth anything, I will put stock ones on and sell it for what you want to pay..."
    No one chose that option though.
    Mods are always worth something. If they weren't, we wouldn't buy them.
    Put two otherwise stock Chevy trucks next to each other. One with an RCD 6" lift, 20" wheels and tires and killer stereo and the other completely stock, charge $5K more for the modified one and watch it sell first every time. Every time.
    Ditto That! We build over 400 trucks a month that sell brand new at 10's of thousands over MSRP right on the dealers lots. Lift Kits add value to a very large portion of the buying public. All the other stuff like Wheels, Stereo, bla, bla, bla have little add ons in the blue book, so they also add value. Bottom line.......Buy what you like.....pay what your willing....and enjoy for what its worth!!

RiverOtter
    Then how come I saw you in Sound Advise looking at Alpine mp3 direct ipod, satalite ready head units? :wink:
    Just installed one in my Burb. Love It!

JB in so cal
    Then how come I saw you in Sound Advise looking at Alpine mp3 direct ipod, satalite ready head units? :wink:
    Very close! They did the install, but I got all the crap from ROZ. With the Cleansweep, I do have direct connect with the ipod.
    Goddamn. Had me there for a second.

NOTALENT
    I beg to differ, 90% of the people who lift their trucks these day have never touched dirt in the trucks life, WHY??? Hell if i know... Bandwagon jumpers i guess but when i was looking at truck awhile ago i was asking some Q's about the handling and stuff of the trucks off-raod and half of them didn't know how to put in 4 wheel drive...
    Now on the aftermarket dealio It does not add value to a car/truck unless its something exotic which at that point RUN... IMO
    That is true...but there is still going to be wear and tear on the rear end, and transmission. Not to mention the motor is going to lose life quicker depending on the tire and lift size.
    There are alot of posers out there...most of which are the ones lifting there 2wd's with 15inch lifts and 38inch tires. :crossx:

RiverOtter
    There are alot of posers out there...most of which are the ones lifting there 2wd's with 15inch lifts and 38inch tires. :crossx:
    Saw one of those on ebay. Kept reading the description thinking it was a misprint. What a dork

Boa1277
    Saw one of those on ebay. Kept reading the description thinking it was a misprint. What a dork
    Let me ask you this, do you think you need 4WD to modify a vehicles to do good in the dirt, if this is what you are refering to as a poser I guess 90% of the Trophy Trucks that run the Score series are posing all the way to Baja... If you want to crawl over a rock or crawl through some sand or drive slow in snow go with 4WD if you want to hall balls through the dirt, go 2WD..

uvindex
    It's funny, but I have been told by every single dealer looking to buy my trade in that the aftermarket items won't get me a higher price from them. Then, they pump up the price of one with mods... go figure.Good answer! :boxed:
    True story: I bought a 3-year old Miata from Irvine Mazda. It was bone stock except for some nice aftermarket wheels. The dealer had a MARKUP for these aftermarket wheels on the used car window sticker. Three years later, I sold the SAME car with the SAME wheels back to the SAME dealer. You guessed it, they told me then that the wheels DECREASED its value. Sheesh.

RiverOtter
    Let me ask you this, do you think you need 4WD to modify a vehicles to do good in the dirt, if this is what you are refering to as a poser I guess 90% of the Trophy Trucks that run the Score series are posing all the way to Baja... If you want to crawl over a rock or crawl through some sand or drive slow in snow go with 4WD if you want to hall balls through the dirt, go 2WD..
    Kinda like having flames on a boat with a 5.0L

Froggystyle
    My 2wd was lifted on 37's with an 8" lift. I loved it. Looked great, steered a lot better than a 4WD, rode a lot better than stock and got much better mileage than a 4WD. Additionally, it had a lot less moving parts, better tire wear and cost less than a 4WD...
    Sorry, you are losing me on the "poser" comment. Short of my full rock-crawler I had, I have never once hit 4WD on any 'wheeler I have ever owned. Lifted trucks go over curbs better though, and they are good for other things.
    Fact is, I took that same exact truck and dumped it the next year. From 8" over stock...
    http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_...Front+Side.jpg
    to 12" below stock...
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/f...sert_small.jpg
    in about 2 weeks. I love it lowered. I don't think that makes me a poser either though. I am not road racing it, so why else would I lower it, right?
    I probably won't own another 4WD. No reason. Since 2003 when I bought this truck I haven't once wished I had 4WD for any reason. Every time I fill up I am pretty stoked I don't have it though.

Boa1277
    Kinda like having flames on a boat with a 5.0L
    UHH you will have to explain this one to me I am kinda slow today, are refering to Flames on a slow boat or are trying to say people with 5.0L motors should not have paint jobs with flames because it makes them a poser, I guess I missed the point... Or are you agreeing with me me in which case you are completely correct. Sorry like I said I am kinda slow today.
    I will say this that is a nice looking truck Froggy, I have been thinking about lowering my Yukon after seeing you truck I think it is sealed now..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast