Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My puter is acting possessed

Scream
    I don't actually know how to go about downloading a new mouse driver .. well yet anyway .. I'll figure it out.
    I don't have an optical mouse (and I don't want one). I'll be getting a new mouse soon. Thanks for the advice. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
    Here's the long and short of it...
    goto the website of the manufacturer of the mouse. Goto the support page. Downloads (usually) and then drivers. Most if not all hardware manufacturers will have available online updated drivers. Save it to your desktop (easy to find) and install it.
    If that doesn't work, try this website http://www.driverguide.com I've had good luck finding stuff here that's not on the mfg website...
    Scream

FMluvswater
    I have a generic brand mouse and couldn't find a driver for it based on brand name but I found a driver compatible with the model number and have downloaded and installed it already. Now I'm just playing a waiting game to see if my beast is still possessed or not. Thanks again eh Scream.

FMluvswater
    FM, it really sounds like a messed up mouse. You posted that AFTER plugging in the mouse your computer started acting up again?
    That's what it sounded like to me...try blowing the mouse out with AIR that is...lol It may be all sticky and dusty inside where the microswitch is under the button. Now I can't say how it got all sticky...
    Okay now that I'm marginally less stressed ... LMFAO! OMG you're funny! Completely missed the gist of all that first time around! LOL!

FMluvswater
    go here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Thank-you boatslayer. I checked it out. I already have excellent anti-virus protection.
    I still haven't run Scan Disk yet cuz I can't find it! I did a search for it (cute lil puppy helped me ) and puter couldn't find any files with scandisk in the name either. I thought all Windows versions had Scan Disk? I must just be looking for it wrong or looking in the wrong places. :notam:

boatslayer
    yea i thought i had good virus protection until i found tred micro ,,
    it will find almost any thing , just run it and im sure it will find something

FMluvswater
    yea i thought i had good virus protection until i found tred micro ,,
    it will find almost any thing , just run it and im sure it will find something
    Well I tried to take your advice ... now I'm told I don't have the right plug-ins to install it ... I really need a stiff drink

boatslayer
    u went to the free scan right

FMluvswater
    Yes I did. I don't have Netscape though I am using Mozilla Firefox. I was trying to avoid using IE too cuz I typically get bombarded by adware whenever I use it. Oh well that is what Ad-Aware is for. I'll try again using IE.

boatslayer
    yea ,, i would tri IE,,, and if it dusnt work the virus u may have mey be blocking the use of trend micro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast