Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yearly skin check

H20Advantage
    How many of you go in for a yearly skin exam with a dermatologist?
    Had mine today. All I can say about it is freeze, burn and scrape :supp: . All those years in the 70's and 80's in the sun are catching up with me now that the big 40 has hit.
    I figure since I won't stay out of the sun I'll just keep up with the safety precautions every year.

welk2party
    Hopefully I will be in the clear.

Speedin' Ian
    Once a year! Try four times a year, and I am sure I will still get skin cancer at some point in my life :yuk: . Oh well that is why I pay for insurance.

racecar.hotshoe
    Once a year! Try four times a year, and I am sure I will still get skin cancer at some point in my life :yuk: . Oh well that is why I pay for insurance.The wifes checks mine every night...............Sorry wrong thread.........

dirty old man
    just last week, having surgery next week. I now use sp 50 and stay in the dark. but then again look at my name

cc322
    Went in the spring all ok here, I also work out side and I am in the sun all day our dept supplys us with hats and sunscreen and long sleeve shirts if you want them, I choose not to wear the longsleeve but I do load up on the spf

UltraLucky
    Just had my yearly today also. Three freeze spots, one had me worried. Not too bad considering all the time spent outside. At 40 all the spots seem to start appearing more frequently.

Debbolas
    I get checked once a year, but wait until my tan fades, otherwise my dermotologist clucks at me and says" OH, so much sun damage".
    lol

Boatcop
    I see the dermo Doc annually.
    Growing up on the Beach, surfing almost every day from the mid '60s through the mid '80s, my job now, makes a yearly check mandatory. Never used sunscreen. Luckily nothing major, but a few pre cancerous lesions freezed off.
    The DOc was amazed I waasn't in worse shape, with my exposure background. All I can attribute it to is my Italian heritige,(Grandma and Grandpa came over on the boat) and the skin that goes with it.
    Use that SPF 50. Especially those with blond, blue eyed, fair skin and Northern European roots. Scandanavian and English/Irish traits are especially susceptible.

MsDrmr
    my mr. has been doing that (scrape,freeze, burn, cut and so forth) for the last four years now. he has not been now for about 8mos and I know for a fact he has at least three spots that need to be done :hammerhea :hammerhea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast