Thread: Hydro help?

sanger rat
    What do you call the ride plates I have seen on the bottoms of the sponsons on some hydro's? What you they help with? And where do you get them?

copperrat20
    Are you talking about scags? Little fins that bolt to the back of the sponsons on the bottom and hang down about 4 inches. Like on that hydro mouzer has?

sanger rat
    These plates I seen had skags too, but the plates extended to the back of the boat about four inches. Do you have a center skag on your hull?

copperrat20
    A center skag on my hydro? No. First off we should be in the jets section. These guys don't like us here! But anyway, our hulls are basically tunnel hulls. They don't require skags. You couldn't put anything in the center. I've never heard of anything but I think that you are thinking of something like a trim tab which wouldn't work on a hydro. Pm me.

FlatStupid
    Are you talking about scags? Little fins that bolt to the back of the sponsons on the bottom and hang down about 4 inches. Like on that hydro mouzer has? Mouzer has a hydro? :yuk:

sanger rat
    I was wondering if I should take this one off and put skags on the sponsons? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...937picsrp6.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
    The reason you have a center scag is that you turn left and right. If it where to have them on the sponsons it would only want to go strieght. The plates on the sponsons are ride plates. Back in the mid 80s it was found that to run over 100mph that the pounding or violentcy that the sponsons hit the water that they would crack. All they are is one to help you control the boat and to to propect you from desaster, also friction has taken boats apart too.
    Jim