Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Jet Motor out of water

beecubed
    I have a newbie question:
    What is the proper procedure to run a jet out of the water? I just bought a Sanger with a 455 olds and a berkeley pump, but don't see any connections for a water hose. I am assuming you can do this - but, let me know if I am dreaming.
    If it is possible, what is the proper place to add a fitting? Any pics would be great. I would like to ensure the motor is timed right, etc. before taking out to the lake.
    Thank you!
    Bernie

Squirtin Thunder
    Is it Yellow and Blue ???

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    at the lake mine comes in from the pump through the oil cooler and into the motor. so i run a -T- from a garden hose. One end sends water back through the oil cooler into the pump the other runs water through the block w/ a shut off valve for the headers. main thing is keep that pump wet. no matter what you do, its not good to dry run a pump. get a jet-a-way if you plan on doing it a lot. hope that helps lfls3

Squirtin Thunder
    I always run a garden hose into the engine but have been thinking that a sprinkler down at the intake would help, or some sort of spraying water devise.
    Jim

Nucking futs
    Just dont run with the pump hooked up and you should be fine...........

Danhercules
    I never start mine out of the water with the driveline connected. I cannot hurt anything that way.

Nucking futs
    Except the motor that never runs...how do you start that thing??I heard you dont even have a boat that would run in the driveway let alone sink in some green slime...Howz the carbs doing?Oh wait i think its the distributer that took a shit.. i Think i told you that when it was sunk didnt i???Oh well i dont know anything anyways...............

Danhercules
    Someone have a good time at Oktoberfest? Andy for Anderson Hyd. says hi. He is over here and he is crashing early.
    She will be running very soon. By they way, she has always run great on the trailer!!!

Nucking futs
    WELL YOU SHOULD HANG OUT WITH THE TRAILER QUEENS THEN.I always see those v-drive guys talking about how fast they used to be.

Danhercules
    I have heard alot about a cruser that is suppost to haul, but cant seem go get over 55 MPH!!!!! 70, yea right, on the trailer on the way to the river!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast