Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: lake james "wow"

Jr Jetter
    Hey folks....
    First of all, what a great weekend !!!!!! It was simply fantastic !!!! The people first and foremost, the boats, the lake, the campground, it was all great.
    It was great to meet some new friends, see all the boats together, weather cooperated for us, enjoyed the company of each and every person there, didnt want it to end, time definately flew by too fast. But, it just means that next time will be that much better.
    I plan to dump the pictures to the pc this evening and hopefully post a few up. I know I saw several digital cameras, and a few video cameras all weekend, so there should be plenty of pictures here soon.
    More later....
    Jr

Liquid Invader
    The kids and i had a great time. Very nice people,great food at Jerrys favorite place,and a real nice lake. It did go by to fast.
    As Jim has already told, some very bad news on the way home. One of our racing family was killed in a race this weekend. John Hipwell top fuel driver for the Madness boat didn't made it after a crash. He was a real boatracer, loved the sport and died doing what he loved. He will be missed. A very sad way to end a great weekend.
    I hope we can get together again.
    Later 383 Leland

wideopen545
    man you guys are great
    i had a very nice time met some mew friends and saw some old ones
    could not have had a nicer time anywere for a weekend
    the food was great and the camp ground was a plus in my book and i will be back soon
    i have alot of pics and will post them later
    still have not put the boat up yet or unpacked
    thanks for the invite
    tim

fat rat
    All I can say is WOW.......SORRY I MISSED IT.

VD CRUISER
    Wideopen545, Where is that lake, and how long did it take you to get there?

Yes ..Wow what a weekend! I have to say this was a awesome weekend ,and like Jr. said ,It was simply Fantastic! allready there talkin about gettin together again here soon so well keep ya posted! I just want to say thanks to Jerry for making sure we all had a great time,and boys I'll tell ya ,it was great meeting you all ( Tim,John,Jim,Paul,Mike&Jamie,Tim&Beverly,Leland,Ev in,Alex,and last but not least :clover: Travis :chi: Travis stayed a while after you guys left and got some of that BBQ I was telling about !oh well maybe next time Jim!!and I'll tell ya that Tim (WIDE-OPEN) is one crazy MFer and his name says it ALL .....sorry to hear about your friend , :frown: ...........ok lets see some PICS people!! Later
    MarKist

DaveA
    Hey VDCruiser,
    Lake James is just north of I-40 in Western NC. Look at the map and trace from Hickory west to Marion NC and go north. It's before you get to Asheville. A looong way from Nooopert Noooz...
    It's the first in a string of lakes down the Catawba River that includes Lake Norman, where I'm at.

DaveA
    I'm glad you guys had a good time. Someday maybe I'll be able to show up at one of these things. At least I got to see the WV boys headed home on I-40.
    I was between Hickory and Statesville headed home, hauling a transmission on a little trailer behind the 4Runner. I wasn't running too fast, about 60. Suddenly a pickup and a jetboat on a triple-axle trailer blew past me along with the other traffic that was...well...blowin' past me. WOW! I sat up and looked in the rearview mirror, and, well, WOW again! Here came the convoy headed to I-77. I waved at OneBadBowtie (I think) and gave 'em a thumbs up. I recognized Shirkey because of the hydro- and then that beautiful Sleekcraft passed that looks better than pictures can ever describe. I punched it to try to see if you guys got off for any reason before I got to 77, but with that trailer, and that transmission rattling around back there, I didn't try to run with you. Besides you'da thought I was crazy or something not having any idea who I might have been....not that you know me anyways...
    Oh well, maybe next time. After all, I got the Rayson fired up again tonite after getting the water out of the float bowls so I could set the idle. Now to get the rest of the wiring done. All that because I was inspired yesterday evening seeing all those beautiful boats.
    DaveA

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Dave,
    I was in the truck pulling the jet boat with the "One Bad Bowtie" sticker on the back. We saw you when we passed by cause I remember asking my buddy Paul if he knew what kind of transmission that was. So, you got our attention also.
    Maybe next time we meet we will be able to visit at less than 80 MPH.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast