Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bakersfield circles

Moneypitt
    I am proud to announce that Mike Lee in the PS 89 boat ran to a 1st place event finish and in doing so cinched the APBA pro stock high points championship for 2004!!!!! e ticket,(Gary) and I busted balls this year to keep that boat on the water, and the results sure feel good. Jeff Wooten made us work for the victory, and the high points was decided between him and Mike it the very last heat of the event..........Whatta race! great weather, great water, and no one got hurt.. and WE came home with the national title!! MP

GofastRacer
    Congrats on well deserved win!..

BILLY.B
    Congrats Ray. You guys worked hard all year so it's much deserved.

LeE ss13
    Moneypitt ... is that PS89 formerly Jake Roberts SS boat that Rankin drove and later Phil Jr. drove?

Moneypitt
    No. This is a Revenge hull that has had 3 owners. It was called "Dark Star" after Billy painted it way back when Wayne Carrie (sp) owned it and Mike bought it from him. I understand that gettles (sp) made it for himself to race pro comp back in the 70 s. Ironicly enough, Mike flipped this boat at Bakersfield in 98, tore up the boat and himself pretty good and this was his first year back in the seat since the crash.............Ray

CircleJerk
    Mike and Gary, good going on a well earned victory, I know Jeff is tough. Good thing Gary didnt have his Barron ready! PS88? Wish I could have been there!

amy jo ross
    Hey what happened to Wooten? He broke in the final and didn't finish the race. Jeff told me it was all or nothing since the points leading to the final were tied.
    I can't wait for Parker, not only will I race the Cracker but I too will have a Barron Sprint. I'm going to run it in the Nostalgia. After I get back from Pleasanton next week, I think we will do some testing in Parker.

Moneypitt
    Yes Amy Jeff broke. One of those things that will haunt him to his grave, his gas pedal casting snaped off as he hammered it outa turn 2 on the second lap. ( I think Jeff was really turning hard and using his foot to brace himself and the pedal housing snapped off from the side load), We really wanted to beat him running, but we'll take it, and I think Mike had him covered in that last heat anyway as Flat Crazy was right on, we could hear it, that boat was hauling the mail all weekend. A baron huh, that sounds like fun!!!!!!

circleboatKIDD
    Hey moneypitt how many ps boats were there I was waiting to hear from my gramps but they didnt call, and congrats on ps 1. hopefully ill be running in parker with yall

Moneypitt
    Well kid, we had 4 actual PS boats and a couple of SS that came to run PS. We busted ass on Saturday to get the PS 52 boat in the show, it had 2 leaking soft plugs in the back of the motor, and a bad starter and ring gear. We all pitched in and picked up the back of the motor to get the motor plate off, after removing a full double gas tank. Then Heuy beat the ring gear off the flywheel, knocked off the tabs, we heated the ring gear in Chris' Bar B que, and stuck the flywheel in our icechest, once heated and cooled, the ring gear, and flywheel went back together easily, then Brad took it to a muffler shop in town to have the tabs welded back on. Un fortunatly he didn't make the first heat, as the parts got back while we were on the ramp already, but they made the final on Sunday, and the 2 heats on Sunday. The kid, Chris, in SS 550 was really giving Mike a run for it, until his ignition rotor failed. The PS 360 boat, which has been a hand full to drive for over a year, was discovered to have a problem in the cav plate bellcrank. We fixed it, and he really came alive, but the quick repair only lasted a lap or 2. Now he knows what it needs, and he'll be a factor to deal with next year. Your gramps told Mike he would be Chicken Shit to quit at #1, and ole' Grumpys comming back to get him......Sounds like fun next year, and what are you gonna be driving????? MP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast