Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carb Jetting / Power Valve

HammerDown
    Bigger carb dosen't necessarily mean richer...in fact can be the opposite, having weaker signal. Given that there was more usable fuel, did you add any timing to help burn the added fuel??
    No...did nothing but swap the 715 vac secondary for the 850 DP w/stock jetting. Like I mentioned, the engine dropped a few hundred RPM and it felt like there was a rag stuffed in the carb. (carb is perfect in and out).
    So ya think smaller jets...eh 468 chevy 10:1 that usually hits 5300 rpm and screams with the 715.

Huffer
    RUNNING 496 BLOWN 12-71 850-AEDS 86FT 92 SEC.6.5 VALVES PLUGS LOOK GREAT.

Norseman
    No...did nothing but swap the 715 vac secondary for the 850 DP w/stock jetting. Like I mentioned, the engine dropped a few hundred RPM and it felt like there was a rag stuffed in the carb. (carb is perfect in and out).
    So ya think smaller jets...eh 468 chevy 10:1 that usually hits 5300 rpm and screams with the 715.
    It might be a good idea to put the 715 back on it.....--------- -------------

steelcomp
    Frankly, I hate 850 dp's. They're bigger than a 750, but I've never had one run as good as a 750 dp. 750's a much cleaner running carb, IMO. :coffeycup

HammerDown
    Frankly, I hate 850 dp's. They're bigger than a 750, but I've never had one run as good as a 750 dp. 750's a much cleaner running carb, IMO. :coffeycup
    Thanks for the feedback...Im not one who belives bigger is always better (carb wise that is )...but I got this 850 off a friend cheep, went through it and set it up how it would have come out of the box...and it stunk! Just tryed it for giggles one day. 715 cfm has been back on.

GofastRacer
    Damn all this brain strain just adds to old age quick, Just throw a set of injectors on the thing and forget about it and go run the shit out of it!...

HammerDown
    Damn all this brain strain just adds to old age quick, Just throw a set of injectors on the thing and forget about it and go run the shit out of it!...
    :idea: Mechanical injection or electronic
    Just the thought of all those needed wires and sensors for EFI give me the shivers :squiggle:

GofastRacer
    :idea: Mechanical injection or electronic
    Just the thought of all those needed wires and sensors for EFI give me the shivers :squiggle:
    Definitely mechanical, I like the "KISS" method myself!..LOL.. Nothing wrong with EFI though, just not into all that electronic stuff yet!.. :smile:

steelcomp
    Now ya' talkin!!

GofastRacer
    Now ya' talkin!!
    Yep, I go out and run the shit out of it, put it back on the trailer, go relax for a couple of hours then go run the shit out of it again, put it on the trailer and go relax again for a while, kinda boring huh, LMAO!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast