Thread: avenger ??

konajet
    any thoughts on a 1981 avenger thinking about buying one ?
    how do they ride?

sanger rat
    I heard that hull hauls azz.

konajet
    found one cheap and wondering if i should bye it

sanger rat
    Details? Motor, pump, paint, How much?

lakeratz
    we have two, they r wide(or mine is)and heavy(as mine r 71&72)they look alike , but r sturdy crafts...we're still on the water!

1Bahnerjet
    I own an '81 (although O/B) I can tell you those Avengers were built Right.
    one of the Oldest Performance Boat Shops in SoCal. they ride Firm & the Deck doesn't flex in rough water. what do you mean by cheap $ ?

konajet
    boat 2 455's, fresh berkley, trailer
    paint kinda sucks and nice interior just needs assembly

R.A.D.man
    A friend of mine had one and I was impressed by the ride in chop and stability for what I believe was an 18-footer, much smoother than mine. Had a pretty well built 454, 850cfm, hydraulic cam and single plane manifold and ran in the low 70's as I recall. I thought it sat kinda high and dry in the water when not moving as compared to where many small jets sit.
    I did take one apart for a guy once and I believe I still have the chrome Avenger emblems if anyone wants/needs them, I can send them to you for free.
    Ok, since originally mentioning the emblems, I have received several inquiries so they are likely spoken for. I am going on a first come basis to be fair. If I find anything else interesting in my search tonight, I will post it up for the same price.

Devilman
    I've been going over mine in my spare time, checking things out. I was wondering what parts availability was like. One of my windshields has a split and there is no knob on the forward/reverse shifter being the main two things I've noticed. The windshield I could actually live with for a bit, but the shifter looks kinda bare, know what I mean?