Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: River homes questions. HELP A BRUTHA OUT.....

clownpuncher
    We're gonna buy a place soon at the river. Parker is our first choice but considering all options (Big River, Water Wheel etc) The question I'm throwing out to y'all with river homes is........
    Where do you have the home and why did you pick the place?
    Last trip to the river we traveled both sides of Parker by truck, in search of a home. Not necessarily a "house", but, a home.
    There are way too many choices out there to jump on anything too fast. I have three places in particular that I'm strongly considering (one is from a board member).
    We're not too particular about size, we just want a flop-house of sorts. It can be anything from a pimped single wide to a full on house with a dock. "Course I don't have 3 mil for one of those newer ones being built.
    We're even considering buying a 30+ fifth wheel and hanging out at a few different places until we find a home.
    Any help/suggestions/experience is greatly appreciated.
    Yes, there will be a blow-out house warming party when we get one . Ain't no party like a fireman's that own's a bar/restaurant.
    As always, thanks in advance.

djunkie
    I was in the same boat as you. Wanted a place in Parker but ended up with a house in Havasu. If you want to be close to the water be prepared to pay some money. Stay away from the indian owned property, the leases there are rediculous. I looked at the mobile home parks on the BLM land and they aren't too bad but you don't own anything but the trailer. Plus I hear they've been raising the leases there also. As for deeded property on or close to the water those can get really outragious.

if you dont care if you own the land i thought shadows place was really pimp.

riverbound
    We picked our place in parker for many reasons.
    1 we can be right on the water
    2 two lots down from the launch ramp
    3 unbeatable view
    4 deeded land
    5 triple wide trailer (bringing a little bit of beaumont to Parker )
    6 We were able to build a huge dock with slips (holds 4boats)
    7 we were in the right place at the right time on this property (it has
    increased its value 6times the original purchase price)
    I can keep an eye on my boat at all times
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...IMG014-med.JPG
    Down river view
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cs_022-med.jpg
    up river view
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cs_025-med.jpg
    sunsets
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cs_031-med.jpg
    Shes a beaut clark (straight outta beaumont)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cs_037-med.jpg
    view straight out front of house
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cs_042-med.jpg
    The only downside of this place is having to share it with family members that are a$$holes. And dealing with all the BS that goes along with it.

Boatcop
    Good advice by djunkie. Stay away from Indian Owned. That pretty much means anything on the California Side of the River, below Riverland Resort, and anything on the AZ side south of the Lakeside Traffic light.
    As far as the BLM land, the parks there are leased from the BLM by private Companies (called concessions) They set the rent payments on the space, you own the Trailer/Manufactured home/Park Model/Hut/Igloo, whatever.
    As prices sky rocket on deeded properties on the strip, those rent payments have been going up as well. Not to mention the prices of the trailers etc. themselves. Those who were wise enough to enter a into a long term lease with the concessions are the lucky ones, as their rent payments will stay where they are for the length of the lease.
    It's a sellers market right now, and anyone buying into deeded or leased property right now should plan on taking it in the shorts, as far as cost is concerned.
    But I'll repeat - DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH INDIAN LAND OR LEASES! You have no rights whatsoever with them, and no recourse in any court in the land if they screw you out of your lease. And believe me. If they want that property, the written, signed lease isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

riverbound
    Oh yah I forgot to mention DEEDED LAND !!!!!!!!!!

mbrown2
    Bought there cause our buddy was selling to build next store, he knocked 5K off asking price for us, and we jumped on it...a year later...next store went up for sale and it was 25K more then ours, my brother jumped on it...we thought it was a lot...but now the neighbors behind us sold for 319 for much less of a house...
    Now our neighbor with a view, but not on the river wants to sell his for 525 and he will probably get it...a little nicer house with view, but two homes off the water....its like Boatcop said...deeded land in Parker is just going through the roof....We bought land in Havasu about 1.5 years ago and it has more than doubled almost trippled in a year...Parker is starting to climb, but it did not climb as fast the first two years we had it....There are still some places that come available up river..the place across the street from us is possibly going to go for 375ish
    But most important; I first went to the upper part of the river in the late 70's with my late dad...I was like 7...we stayed at Winner Circle...well I always wanted a place up there, and we were able to make it happen..the view from the docks is not bad as well..no trailers or parks on the other side..
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7Docks-med.JPG

LHC Kirby
    I bought a lot in LHC and built a house - I am 8 minutes from Windsor - I love it here - more to do than the river and I personally like the Lake better than the river - I only boat M-F and have never waited in line to launch! But to each his own..... I would suggest looking in LHC as a possible place to buy - to keep all options open..
    Good Luck
    Warlock25 on the boards -his wife does all board members good in the real estate field- FYI

BadBahner
    Our Place is in Needles in a privately owned waterfront Mobilehome Park. All units in the park are new and must be from one manufacturer. It is a singlewide with second story. I am several spots back from the water so I cannot see my boat when it is moored.
    I like needles cuz I am 20 mins south of Laughlin and there are no big boats on that section usually and 20 mins north of Topock. If I get really board I can head down to sandbar or the channel.
    Needles has a low occurrance of accidents and deaths, it is just not that crowded there.
    Private Launch and Beach
    190 space rent
    35k starting for the Unit
    Eric

Krazy K
    Our old place is on the CA side north of that hump you see in the first pic of "riverbound"s set. Last ime they (indians) raised the lease on the land, (early 90's)they raised it to about $9000/year. As we weren't going out as much as we used to, we sold our 1/3rd to another party. It's the place with the real tall palm trees next to the white boathouse. I can only imagine what the lease must be now. Now, when my sis and BIL go out, they have a trailer and typically stay at Riverland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast