Thread: BIESEMEYER Drag Boat????

sifocalpoint
    I have the chance to buy a completly restored BIESEMEYER flatbottom that was in storage for 20 years then pulled out with only 30 hours on it and restored. Everything is new including paint and trailer, it currently has a blown 468 built to the hilt and ran on the gps at 118mph. I am only interested in the hull because the guy needs money he said $5000 for everything but the motor. THAT IS EVERYTHING including headers, ignition (MSD) etc.
    I thought these boats were circle boats?? he has full original documentation that this particular boat was a dragboat hull rated at 1800 horsepower. Are any of you familar with these boats in dragboat form?? Is this a good deal?

Roman 1
    I thought these boats were circle boats?? he has full original documentation that this particular boat was a dragboat hull rated at 1800 horsepower. Are any of you familar with these boats in dragboat form?? Is this a good deal?
    Since its common to see boats that are inproperly I.D.'ed, my first question is...is it really a Biesemeyer. 2nd, what is full original documentation? and who is this from? The first owner? or Arizona ski boats? 3rd Any boat can be dragraced but that doesn't make it a good dragboat.
    The early 70's Biesemeyer to present day copys, are the best circle boats.
    4th no one can tell you if its a good deal without knowing the condition of the boat. Is it solid? Is it delaminated anywhere? Is it cracked? Hows the rigging? Hows the trailer? Is it definately a Biesemeyer? (the paperwork may be wrong) Are there hull ID numbers on the transom?
    RC

Snowboat
    Roman is right. However, if it is not to your likeing give me a call.

BILLY.B
    I have the chance to buy a completly restored BIESEMEYER flatbottom that was in storage for 20 years then pulled out with only 30 hours on it and restored. Everything is new including paint and trailer, it currently has a blown 468 built to the hilt and ran on the gps at 118mph. I am only interested in the hull because the guy needs money he said $5000 for everything but the motor. THAT IS EVERYTHING including headers, ignition (MSD) etc.
    I thought these boats were circle boats?? he has full original documentation that this particular boat was a dragboat hull rated at 1800 horsepower. Are any of you familar with these boats in dragboat form?? Is this a good deal? I'd be concerned if the engine was in the boat all this time. Engine in boat for long time while on trailer "NOT GOOD". 2nd, Biesemeyer did not build a dragboat. Now the engine maybe running off the flywheel but Biesemeyers were built for circle racing, not to say that some weren't used for drag racing in a bracket class. If the boat is not delamanated anywhere ( kickboard,stringers), it sounds like a good deal. Now the important question....What year is it???????

76biesmeyer
    A pic of my bies. before I sold it. The hull was way to heavy but I still had fun.

BILLY.B
    A pic of my bies. before I sold it. The hull was way to heavy but I still had fun. Unless you have the paper work (invoice) i'd bet my last dollar that it (hull) is a Double Eagle and not a Biesemeyer.

76biesmeyer
    Unless you have the paper work (invoice) i'd bet my last dollar that it (hull) is a Double Eagle and not a Biesemeyer.When I had the boat forsale on this forum way back alot of you guys brought that up!! On the papers that I had (Title) All the numbers matched!! But then again!!You could be right .The kid that purchased the boat took it home and hit a stump at some lake in his back yard and ripped the boat in half. Thank god He did not get hurt.