Thread: Lake Berryessa-NorCal-ATTN Boaters

spectratoad
    Just thought I would pass this along. Another lake being threatened. We went there for the first time about three weeks ago and the place is pretty nice and we plan on going again next year.
    Another lake being threatened with off limits to boaters and everyone else. Send your letters of whatever to let them know how you feel.
    Lake Berryessa Closure info (http://www.protectberryessa.org./)

Dr. Eagle
    The Federal Government never ceases to amaze me..... :boxingguy

spectratoad
    There is a petition on there to sign too.

Dr. Eagle
    There is a petition on there to sign too.
    I'm Gonna sign it or we'll all be
    DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! (http://images.fedex.com/us/about/adv...ads/drama1.wmv)
    Damn Bureaucrats..... :hammerhea

spectratoad
    TTT since everyone is here now.

Dave C
    This is not news to the "locals and regulars", we know all about this. They have petitions at the lake that we all signed. Thanks for bringing it up.
    Here is some history:
    Some enviro-nazis want the resorts shut down and they are using the dispute among the leaseholders and Feds as a tool for their agenda.
    The crux of this problem started with the Feds getting pissed at the permanent resorts a long time ago. The resorts have long term leases but they have failed to "improve" their resorts to the Feds "liking" (those of you who have visited for many years can attest to this)
    well if I had a long term lease rather than an ownership deed I would be careful how much money I pissed down the toilet also.
    Its my understanding that the Feds have not really negotiated in good faith such as offering a long term extension of the leases if lease holder promises to make capital improvements.
    Its only fair, if they want the lease holder to put money into something they don't own they should get some sort of guarantee of a return on investment.
    This whole power struggle is sad. Its a nice lake, great for boating.
    (FYI for socal peeps this "big" lake is approximately 1 hour from the San Francisco Bay Area, well 1 hour without traffic )

This is something EVERYONE should be concerned with. Today it is just Berryessa but tomorrow it may be the lake or river you use. The federal govt. knows no bounds and the enviro-nazis will stop at nothing to get their way. They want to ban power boats from Berryessa and only allow sailboats and canoes on the water.... Just another step closer to the communist state they want. :yuk:

Sleek-Jet
    I signed it yesterday. Everyone should.

HCS
    Phuck up! I tell ya. There is no end to this shit. Everyone needs to join in
    and stop that kind of crap.