Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are There Any Race Boat Schools In So.california

BADASS38CHEVY
    Im looking for a race boat school in so cal.does any one of one?I figure before i get my new boat i would like to learn drive a 100 mph powerboat before i learn the hard way.

DEEZ NUTTS
    I too am interested in this. I would like to be shown how to get through rough stuff at speed the right way. 31' with twins and big tabs getting repowered this winter for the 80s. The little tricks and knowledge from the pros could be huge.

BADASS38CHEVY
    thats what i would need is the small tricks that can be costly if you dont know .i have never owned at high performance deckboat and it is alittle differant ride in a cat style boat.

BADBLOWN572
    Usually the best thing to do is to find someone who is very familiar with a boat that is similar to the one you are going to be driving and go for a ride with them. Ask any question you want and have them show you how. Just make sure they have tons of hours on the same type of boat in ALL conditions. Usually works out best that way.
    I am sure with the amount of members here on ***boat, there would be plenty of really good drivers willing to help.

XtrmWakeborder
    Usually the best thing to do is to find someone who is very familiar with a boat that is similar to the one you are going to be driving and go for a ride with them. Ask any question you want and have them show you how. Just make sure they have tons of hours on the same type of boat in ALL conditions. Usually works out best that way.
    I am sure with the amount of members here on ***boat, there would be plenty of really good drivers willing to help.
    Hmm i'm thinking about buying a 257...would anyone know where i could drive one??? hehe i knew there had to be a loophole

DEEZ NUTTS
    Not to sound like I cant handle my boat, but I'm shure I could learn something.

BADASS38CHEVY
    the lavey deck just can out and dont think that there are to many out ther yet.

CrazyHippy
    The "find some one w/ something similar" advice is what i did, and it worked fairly well. I learned what not to do, and what to expect when. It helped alot. I was comfortable enough to run 106 the 2nd time out, and had more throttle, but wasn't sure trim wise. Now i've got the feel for flying the boat, and 106 is childs play :boxed:
    BJH

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Im looking for a race boat school in so cal.does any one of one?I figure before i get my new boat i would like to learn drive a 100 mph powerboat before i learn the hard way.
    kilr will need this school also

shueman
    I would think the MFG or Dealer "might" have some input...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast