Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Boats II

24RODjr
    Originally posted by THOR:
    I am in the market for something new as well. I have a 1992 Eliminator 243 Edge (interested).
    How do Cheetahs handle? Good speed? For the price, they seem like fantastic boats.
    I'm with mike here. Like the boat, Love the handling...best of both worlds...cat's and Vee's.
    Turns like a sports car and loves the small chop. I disagree with the Open bow cuddy...go closed or go home....besides, who want's to ride on the bow of an 80MPD tunnle?

DogHouse
    Originally posted by 24RODjr:
    ...go closed or go home....besides, who want's to ride on the bow of an 80MPD tunnle?
    Same guy that wants to ride in the bow of a 90mph tunnel!
    -brian http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

HeavyHitter
    Same guys that ride in the bow of my slug jet boat, only to ride in the bow of the slug Cheetah. Some day maybe I'll get enough Hp to stop being such a slug. For now I have to settle for 1124 with the boost all the way down. After the last two days of a week on Mohave I sure did miss the Cheetah. Took the jet boat for it's skiability, reliability. Still sorting all the drive power handling issues on the Cheetah.

Sandbar Mike
    SandbarMike, the 30 Spectre is an awesome boat! I'm assuming that it has twins with some HP... Seems like most of those are built for one purpose, haulin A$$!!! Good luck on the deal and keep us posted.
    BRIAN,
    THIS SPECTRE IS SICK,
    IT'S A 1999 30FT TWIN 540 BULLDOGS XR'S, THE SELLER IS MARKETING THIS THING AT HITTING 110 MPH +, I'M TRYING TO WORK HIM DOWN ON THE PRICE, AND ALSO TRY'N TO CONVINCE THE BOSS TO FLY BACK WITH ME FOR A TEST DRIVE,
    SHE'S TRY'N TO GET ME TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR,
    I'M STILL WORKING ON HER.
    GOODLUCK WITH YOUR MAGIC, THAT'S GONNA BE A SWEET RIDE.
    MIKE

blown23vee
    Hey Brian, last weekend & this weekend were the kicker. Keeping the screen name, pitching the 23' hull. Got our asses kicked at "unpleasant" both weekends. Not bad in the channel to humbug but across open water, might as well have been on the fricken ocean. Called on two used 24 cheetahs & called Bob on a new one. Think I'll end up with the new one...Bob said if I want to do the deal, once I pick the boat & such he'll hand me the stock motor & I can pull mine & put the stocker in it. That'll be a bitch of a wait with no boat...oh wait, that's what you're doing!!

DogHouse
    Blown23vee, the Cheetah tunnel bottom is not what I'd call a soft riding boat in rough water (like Lake unPleasant on a busy or windy day). It does good in moderate chop up to 2' or so but beyond that you gotta slow down or lose a kidney. The tunnels are shallow and can slap pretty hard on landings. Maybe the 24 rides a little nicer than the 23 because of the extra weight??? Have you been for a ride in one? If not you might want to give it a try before committing!
    -brian

24RODjr
    I'd agree. I think the 24' is a smoother ride than the 23' due to the added weight, but I still get "OUCH!" from my passengers when I get too buck wild in the big chop.
    -Chris
    Originally posted by DogHouse:
    Blown23vee, the Cheetah tunnel bottom is not what I'd call a soft riding boat in rough water (like Lake unPleasant on a busy or windy day). It does good in moderate chop up to 2' or so but beyond that you gotta slow down or lose a kidney. The tunnels are shallow and can slap pretty hard on landings. Maybe the 24 rides a little nicer than the 23 because of the extra weight??? Have you been for a ride in one? If not you might want to give it a try before committing!
    -brian

24ROD
    Originally posted by 24RODjr:
    I'd agree. I think the 24' is a smoother ride than the 23' due to the added weight, but I still get "OUCH!" from my passengers when I get too buck wild in the big chop.
    -Chris
    I will agree with junior on this one. I have driven both the 23' and the 24'. The 24' does ride smoother. But like Doghouse says that is only in moderate chop. You get the big chop under you and she does slaaaaaap pretty hard.
    -Carlos

24ROD
    Jst to let you know, the ROD's were at Mohave last weekend. The Cheetah ran strong all weekend. Real happy with the install on the Pro-Charger, Teague took care of oil problem. Thanks to Mike King and Bob Teague for geting it fixed and back to me in time for our trip. Oh yea and 24ROD MOM says thanks too!
    -Carlos

blown23vee
    Thanks for the input, guys...I have driven the 23 not the 24 but If it's like the 23 only smoother I'm pretty sold. Maybe right before I design & sign I'll make Bob take me for a quick spin in one.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast