Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braided hose and AN fitting info needed...HELP!!

WheelerDealer
    Okay guys, I am new to the board and I have a question for y'all. Who's braided line and fittings do you like best and why? Also, where is the best place to get a good deal on this stuff? Thanks in advance.

Jordy
    you need to talk to superdave013 here on the boards.
    he also has a website:
    www.sweetperformance.com
    really cool guy to deal with.

tahitijet
    I'll second that.. SuperDave hooked me up.. Great product, Great service, and a nice guy to boot.

Wally_Gator
    I'll Third that one... Dave hooked me up as well.

moneysucker
    I personally use all Earls fittings and hose I used to use XRP which is good but I like the way earls goes together better. What ever brand you go with, stick with is because they all use diferent color anodizing. My new boat is geeting the Earls Black anodized fittings. I don't like the way fittings look when they fade.

CARLSON-JET
    I used earls.. which is now owned by Holley....after 300 bones of their nice looking crap I would say .... rubber hose and hardline does the job just as well .. never had a problem with it in 25 years of rodding ... AN fittings look really cool ... they do not increase performance by one millionth of a HP if any ....If anybody wants to dispute this please post the facts ... include dyno results, tests and any scientific results you have ... R.B.

moneysucker
    I used earls.. which is now owned by Holley....after 300 bones of their nice looking crap I would say .... rubber hose and hardline does the job just as well .. never had a problem with it in 25 years of rodding ... AN fittings look really cool ... they do not increase performance by one millionth of a HP if any ....If anybody wants to dispute this please post the facts ... include dyno results, tests and any scientific results you have ... R.B.
    you got off easy at 300. it is rubber hose inside the braided so there is no diference besides that the limit the amount the rubber will expand under pressure. performance wise i am sure you are right but for looks i could never go out with rubber hose again.I have an image to up hold. My Reputation is wrecked already.

WheelerDealer
    Have any of y'all used the polished nickel AN fittings? Seems like they would solve the fading issue.

superdave013
    Wait until your rubber hose on your water inlet splits and your boat sinks. Then you will see the value in s.s. braided hose.
    BTW, I like hardline alot too. And I do like Earls fittings as well. Used to be all I used. I now have the Sweet Performance brand (that is really like alot of other brands, just labled for me) that I can offer at great pricing.
    Other choices are Rexone (Rex Marine) is an XRP dealer and Gofastracer (Art Anderson) is a Goodridge dealer. So I'm not the only game on this forum as far as fittings / hose goes.

superdave013
    Have any of y'all used the polished nickel AN fittings? Seems like they would solve the fading issue.
    The polished stuff is really nice. I have all the hose ends in stock. Even is the odd ball bends like 120 & 150's. I don't have the NPT to AN adapters in polished at this time though. I can get them if you give me a list.
    Here is a boat I did with the polished nickel hose ends.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...nt_engine1.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast