Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Broken suction piece pics.

UBFJ #454
    Just a thought on Chris' boat ... He is running a stock Eliminator bottom ... He does not have a dropped keel. This may be why he has some water loading problems over 100 mph ... Might be worth talking to Jack & Jeff Bennett about ...
    Chris, Not Suggesting you put a dropped keel on, just suggesting you talk with Jack & Jeff about the benefits of one ... Jeff definately knows Eliminators as do Jack & Dave.

ttmott
    Thanks for the info Chris - helpful big time.
    On the unloading issue do you have a back cut shoe? Mine is 3 deg standard and the boat is planted too deep, consequently, was thinking about creeping into a back cut shoe to find some lift. Now am worried if the back cut would lift the aft too much and aspirate the pump. Any input?
    Tom

HBjet
    That could have got ugly real quick randy, glad it didn't and everything survived. Good hangin out this weekend.
    Thanks... Just found out that ladder didn't come from a Home Depot truck because the PO# and tag thats on the ladder is from August, and they said they don't take those off the ladders when they sell them. So, I'm SOL :220v:

bigriverdog
    Thanks... Just found out that ladder didn't come from a Home Depot truck because the PO# and tag thats on the ladder is from August, and they said they don't take those off the ladders when they sell them. So, I'm SOL :220v:
    Randy, If you need a hook-up on tires and wheels for the trailer, my son is branch manager of a wholesale tire and wheel company. I would be glad to help if I can. It was good talking to you on Saturday. BRD

Jet Hydro
    Here`s where some may want to open their eyes
    when it comes to airing out a pump I think I have the boat to put those parts to a test. For the first 2 years that I raced my boat it had more air time than water time. I stepped it up with the blower motor and pulled the biggest air shot yet. I use to blow out my wedges all the time. I had the air hammer thing bad!
    The point that I`m getting at is I removed the "old" suction housing from my boat when I wanted to go racing and replaced it with a new "Aggressor housing". Hasn't broken and doesn't show any signs of cracking.
    Some of you may recall a picture of my boat in Waco TX. 2 years a go 4 feet in the air. I hit 8000 rpm and landed it, same parts are still in the boat to this day. I really don't think that Billet is the way you have to go for your every day lake boat or even a drag boat. If it can take what I`v put it through it`s got to be the ticket. Trust me, I own a real air hammer and I`m real hard on stuff.

Thanks for the "eye opening tips" Jet Hydro, but Im going a different route.
    Mott, no its a flat shoe for right now.Biting edge 1/8 above the keel (or something real close to that)
    I have played with a 1 degree BC set up, and the boat liked it, I didnt feel much difference in the hook up, but i wasnt dragging the ass so much.Picked up et with it.
    The plan is to run a BC shoe in the near future, and I actually was planning on making one for Ming, but I have this to deal with first. :burningm: Not going to have time for that.
    How fast is your boat running? Sounds like a BC would help in your situation. You wont know if it causes other issues till you try one, give it a shot.

HBjet
    Slowy, the Aggressor suction is pretty strong and nice from what I hear, but it weighs a freaking ton though right? I think that might be an issue for some people. I don't know, just puttin it out there.
    HBjet

Duane HTP
    The Dominator housing is 2.5 lbs heaver than the breakaway Berkeley, and the Aggressor is 3.2 lbs heaver. I just weighed them. We broke a Berkeley suction in R & D Express at Waco this spring and replaced it with an Aggressor. You may have to do a little set up change with the Aggressor. It handles more water to the impeller.

Jet Hydro
    The billet suction housings cost $4200 and is a limited production part. They only make 15 a year and only when they have 15 orders. There are already 9 spoken for on the next run.
    For $4200 I can think of a lot of parts I could buy to save on the extra weight that my Aggressor suction housings has over the other weaker housings. Carbon Fiber valve covers should drop the 3.2 lbs off the back of the boat.
    When playing with safety weight should never be a factor. :crossx:
    I like it when some one buy`s a new helmet and bitches about the price. I`v always said "if you only have a $100 head then buy a motorcycle helmet" :hammerhea other wise buy a good Snell rated racing helmet. I`m not going to sink my boat because I wanted to save 3.2 lbs. I`ll just save the weight somewhere else. Going fast is more fun when you can drive back to the trailer and talk about it.
    And as Duane already said "It handles more water" thus more speed in the end!

HBjet
    The Dominator housing is 2.5 lbs heaver than the breakaway Berkeley, and the Aggressor is 3.2 lbs heaver. I just weighed them. We broke a Berkeley suction in R & D Express at Waco this spring and replaced it with an Aggressor. You may have to do a little set up change with the Aggressor. It handles more water to the impeller.
    thats interesting, thanks. It must have been the first suctions that weighed a lot more.
    HBjet

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345