Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has rental property in Havasu?

Catatonic
    I have a house in town that we use during the summer and rent to snowbirds in the winter time just like many of you. However, I am looking at buying a couple of 1300-1600 sq. ft. houses to use strictly as rentals. I would like to furnish them and have them used for weekend rentals in the summer and snowbird rentals in the winter. Anybody out there doing this? How often is your house rented in the summer and what are you getting for week-weekend rents? I would rather not do the 6 month or 1 year leases because you just can't get that much for long term rentals in Havasu.

shueman
    I have a house in town that we use during the summer and rent to snowbirds in the winter time just like many of you. However, I am looking at buying a couple of 1300-1600 sq. ft. houses to use strictly as rentals. I would like to furnish them and have them used for weekend rentals in the summer and snowbird rentals in the winter. Anybody out there doing this? How often is your house rented in the summer and what are you getting for week-weekend rents? I would rather not do the 6 month or 1 year leases because you just can't get that much for long term rentals in Havasu.
    VacationRentals.Com has a bunch of Havi rentals. Lots of competition. Be sure you the the extra time available to manage everything....

Catatonic
    Thanks shueman. There were 46 properties available, that doesn't seem too bad. Managing properties always sucks, I have a couple here in Cali and I'm always doing something to them, oh well it's better than the stock market.

locogringo
    We have homes in Havi. Use Jeanette who used to be at McCullouch Realty but decided to open up her own business and not deal with all the political b.s. anymore. The previous site mentioned is hers and the 800# is what she answers. Jeanette and Jennifer are a good team.
    Year round you can get rent for $800 a month. $1000 if there is a pool.
    My recommendation, go interest only fixed for 5 years.A payment on a $250,000 home there would go for $780 so it would just about wash out with the payment. Bear in mind, you can write-off 100% of the payment though.
    I would recommend getting duplexes or 4plexes though because the pos. cash flow is so much higher.
    Later and good luck...
    Daniel

waterwitch
    You may want to do your homework a little
    before you buy. There are a ton and I mean
    a ton of rentals sitting right now.
    There is Rent a home, coldwell banker,
    and about 5 others that manage rented homes.
    Just hate to see you waste your money.
    Just my .02
    Traci

locogringo
    I would agree. Do your homework first.
    Her site is actually www.lakehavasuvacationrentals.com
    Weigh your options and go from there. All I can say is that we have been fortunate.

nodigg
    We have homes in Havi. Use Jeanette who used to be at McCullouch Realty but decided to open up her own business and not deal with all the political b.s. anymore. The previous site mentioned is hers and the 800# is what she answers. Jeanette and Jennifer are a good team.
    Year round you can get rent for $800 a month. $1000 if there is a pool.
    My recommendation, go interest only fixed for 5 years.A payment on a $250,000 home there would go for $780 so it would just about wash out with the payment. Bear in mind, you can write-off 100% of the payment though.
    I would recommend getting duplexes or 4plexes though because the pos. cash flow is so much higher.
    Later and good luck...
    Daniel
    I don't do vacation or snow birds, only rear-round. I rent out the 3/2's for $800 for the smallest to $975 for the nicer ones, no pools. I chose not to use a broker as the margin is already tight out here and really there is not much to do with a monthly rental any way except deposit the checks. The problem here is there are SO MANY rentals on the market it depresses the rents. Getting a good ROI requires a sizable down payment. But, the depreciation and current rate of housing inflation write off helps to off-set the low postive cash flow prospects. Jennifer is a hard worker for sure however. A friend uses her for snow bird rents.
    Just my .02

SHOCKWAVETOM
    You might want to look in Kingman for this. Not a lot of "good" houses to rent. I have one and am in the positive each and every month. I have a management company that takes care of everything for 9%. I would not want to live in Kingman but make money, YES With the cost of housing in Havasu and BHC getting up there many people are moving into the Kingman area for lower cost but it is also going up. If you need anymore info or need a contact that handles things out there shoot me a PM and I will get you some contact info.

SHOCKWAVETOM
    I don't do vacation or snow birds, only rear-round.
    You know....this is too easy Rick I will leave it right there....lol

nodigg
    Thanks! LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast