Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the boat to stop hopping around...

dmontzsta
    or porpoising as it is called.
    Well I havent been on for a while, but this is what I have been up to.
    SPECIAL THANKS!!! To Dan The RepoMan. This guy is awesome, if any of you get the opportunity to meet him, dont let his looks or job fool ya, this guy is one of the most down to earth people you have ever met, with tons of experience at such a young age.
    He donated a downpedal, spring and all the other little goodies that bring it together. The only thing I had to get were 2 clevis from Glenwood and a rod (which Dan picked up and delivered for me). Even after donating all this stuff, that wasnt enough for him...he bought a new tap and die set I used and brought over his cut off saw, then even tapped some stuff and gave some knowledge and help.
    Having a downpedal is a whole new world. You can really bring the nose down quick. I will post some vids tonight of the VERY first run with the downpedal and it is the same run and place as my old video that was hopping around. I am still getting used to this, but I am sure in time I can stop it completely.
    We tanked the last motor, it was worn out after 7 years of service and the nitrous just put it down for the count. The new motor is a stock 390 standard bore with just a cam and edelbrock intake, but it runs nice and tight compared to the last motor. My dad moved the motor up almost 1" which could have helped it now, it takes a set much faster with the pedal and motor moved. Thanks to Old Rigger for the deal he gave me on the motor and the deal he gave my dad on the heads and other goodies, Thanks to my Dad (Shadetree) for the great job putting the motor together and checking the clearances.
    I would also like to thank Jerry (V-Drive Video) and Bob (058) there are a couple of others that helped, but I feel I ask these two the most questions and hope they dont get mad at me for it.
    Here is a vid of the boat with the new motor stock with cam and manifold, 12x15 two blade (switching to 11.5x15 soon) and 17 gears in the v-drive. We are back up and running for the rest of the season. Lots of work done and lots more ahead.
    http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Mi...x/100_1833.MOV
    I will post a few more tonight. Sorry for the .mov they were all taken with my Kodak DX6490 digital camera.
    Oh yeah...as if donating time and parts to the downpedal wasnt enough, Big Dan the Repo Man even gave me some transom straps that go to the cav rod and then to the trailer, instead of the big strap we had going over the back before.
    Damn this is long, but I am happy and just thought I would share it with you fellas, since you have helped me gain lots of experience, without this place I would be a dummy still.
    Thanks!

GofastRacer
    Sounds good, glad you got it resolved!. But where is the life jacket???.. :jawdrop: :hammerhea

dmontzsta
    Sounds good, glad you got it resolved!. But where is the life jacket???.. :jawdrop: :hammerhea
    Thanks. You dont need one when you are slow.

repo man
    hey don just doing what anyone around these boards would do. i'm glad it helped ,you and your dad love boating more than anyone i know .speaking of life jackets, i need to get a new one . mine fits me like a sausage casing.

dmontzsta
    hey don just doing what anyone around these boards would do. i'm glad it helped ,you and your dad love boating more than anyone i know .speaking of life jackets, i need to get a new one . mine fits me like a sausage casing.
    I think you went beyond the call of duty on this one...all to help an old "L" boat. boating to me and my dad is something you cannot explain, we have a weird sort of bond, we dont even need to talk, just being out there together kind of speaks for itself, my whole family really enjoys it. My Mom gets more pissed everytime we go out, she really wants to go, but needs a cruiser. It is going to be weird when my dad gets a cruiser and fully steps away from this boat, but it will be a new step in life. We have gotten really close to a few members on this board and consider you like a family member You da man! I owe you and Ntwotrance some beer and food...coming soon...
    With the life jacket...dont sweat it. I tell Ricky (my brother in law) it isnt a damn fashion show, just wear it...even if it is tight...then again I dont wear one either...I need to.
    What you need to do is get that beast back on the water so you can experience it again...dont make me bust out the pics I took in your garage...that will be motivation.
    oh shit: that new avatar is just wrong.

GofastRacer
    Thanks. You dont need one when you are slow.
    Wow, you're boat only goes 30mph!. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

repo man
    in those pics, can you see the stickers on the valve covers?

repo man
    hey don tell your dad my brother might be selling his rayson craft 21'

GofastRacer
    hey don tell your dad my brother might be selling his rayson craft 21'
    Got any pics of that Rayson??? :smile:

shadetree
    dan just want to say thanks for everthing you done for us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast